- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the strikingly beautiful Andes.
- Explore the fortress of Choquequirao.
- Discover the spectacular Inca ruins of Machu Picchu
The ultimate adventure for altitude junkies with a love of history, this challenging 12-day journey snakes its way between the most incredible Inca sites in Peru. Conquer a mind-blowing trek to the mountaintop fortress of Choquequirao — free of tourist throngs — before continuing onto Santa Teresa, the backdoor to Machu Picchu. With guided tours of the Sacred Valley, Choquequirao and Machu Picchu, you'll gain a greater appreciation of the Inca Empire. And because we operate our own treks in this region, we can ensure the fair treatment of our porters and the quality of food and equipment.
Day 1: Cusco
Day 2: Cusco
Day 3: Cusco/Choquequirao Trek
Day 4: Choquequirao Trek
Day 5: Choquequirao Trek
Day 6: Choquequirao Trek
Day 7: Choquequirao Trek
Day 8: Choquequirao Trek
Day 9: Choquequirao Trek
Day 10: Choquequirao Trek
Day 11: Machu Picchu/Cusco
Day 12: Cusco
- Hotels (4 nts), camping (7 nts).
11 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 7 dinners
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Private van, hiking, train.
- G Adventures Representative in Cusco, specialist Choquequirao CEO (Chief Experience Officer) on hike.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo
- Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Sacred Valley guided tour
- Pottery making demonstration
- Trek to Choquequirao ruins with local guide, cooks, and porters (8 days)
- Guided tour of Choquequirao archaeological site
- Aguas Calientes stay
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trekking tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 76 today.
- Save US$ 51+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trekking tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trekking tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trekking tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 5 - ChallengingSerious high-altitude hikes, cycling, or other instances of heavy exercise. Come prepared to sweat a bit.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.