- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 3100 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Trek to the uncrowded Choquequirao
- Enjoy stunning natural scenery
- Explore a remote and secluded Incan location
- Return on horseback
The circuit is a 30.5-mile trek circuit, ideal for more adventurous hikers. It is a route that rewards travellers with changing and spectacular views all along the way. However, the Choquequirao experience is not for everyone. It is a small, authentic route that is not designed to be visited by the masses. Historically, the site was built as an isolated settling for the Inca elite. Things have changed today, but the essence of Choquequirao remains; only those who crave the true meaning of exploration shall find unrestrained gratification in this remote location!
Day 1: Cusco – Cachora – Rosalina
Day 2: Rosalina - Maranpata - Choquequirao
Day 3: Choquequirao full day
Day 4: Choquequirao - Villa Los Loros lodge
Day 5: Villa Los Loros lodge - Cusco
- Briefing at your Cusco hotel the day before departure
- Private transport service (Cusco - Cachora / Villa Los Loros lodge - Cusco)
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish)
- Professional field chef
- One night lodging at Villa Los Loros lodge
- Three nights camping in Choquequirao
- High quality outdoor equipment
- Radio communication throughout the journey
- First aid kit
- All meals and beverages at the lodge and during the excursion
- Horsemen and pack mules
- Emergency saddled horse throughout the trek (1 for every 4 or 5 hikers
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao
- Personal saddled horse on your way back up from Playa San Ignacio to Villa Los Loros lodge on day 4
- Alcoholic drinks
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.