- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek near to the third highest mountain in Peru, Ausangate Nevada, and climb high passes
- Ascend the famous Rainbow Mountain (Mt Vinicunca) & see views of the Red Valley
- Encounter local communities surrounded by impressive Andean landscapes
For three-days, you’ll trek across the breathtaking Cordillera Vilcanota range passing by the Ausangate Nevada on a route called the 'Camino del Apu Ausangate'. The Apu is believed to be the bearer of life in this region and guardian of one of the most pristine mountain ecosystems in the world.
Along the way, you’ll often encounter small poblados (small local communities) with many raising llamas for their way of life. Also, a lot of the houses & shelters in the area don’t have basic utilities, such as electricity, gas, tap water—things we take for granted in more developed countries.
Llamas and horses accompany us throughout the trek and carry our equipment. The animals are owned and looked after by the shepherds and arrieros of the Chillca community. The locals here are proud to share their land with travellers, as well as the spirit of Apu in their beautiful Andean region.
Day 1: Cusco - Anantapata
Day 2: Anantapata - Huampococha via Rainbow Mountain
Day 3: Huampococha - Cusco
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Private transportation
- Professional bilingual guide, mountain cook, horsemen & mules, support guide/nurse
- Camping equipment
- Machu Picchu Visit
- Domestic flights (can be arranged as part of the trip)
- Sleeping bags (available for hire)
- Tips for the crew
- Hotels before and after trek plan (can be arranged as part of the trip)
- Earn US$ 11+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThere will be a pretrek briefing, usually held the evening before in your hotel prior to your trek departure. A good level of fitness is recommended, along with some experience at altitude. All dietary and medical requirements should be advised at least 24 hrs before departure. All names, date of births and passport numbers required for the trek (lead traveller to supply photocopy of their passport picture page).