- Bird watching
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5200 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Visit some of Cusco's most important heritages, including Sacsayhuaman and Q’enqo
- Travel to the colorful Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca)
- Enjoy the stunning views of the snowcapped Ausangate
Go on a trek that will take you close to giant mountains, turquoise lakes and dazzling glaciers. Travel to Tinqui (4050m), reach the Pucacocha Pass (4900m), walk along the shore of Kayrawiri Lake and see the multi-colored Vinicunca (Rainbow) Mountain.
Bump into llamas, alpacas and vicuñas along the way. See native bird species, including Andean geese and condors that live in the Peruvian mountains.
End your journey in Cusco. Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the capital of the Incas and the stunning Rainbow Mountain in a single tour.
Day 1: Cusco - Sacsayhuaman - Q'enqo
Day 2: Cusco
Day 3: Cusco - Yanacocha Path
Day 4: Yanacocha Path - Anantapata Tambo
Day 5: Anantapata Tambo - Ausangate Cocha
Day 6: Ausangate Cocha - Jampa
Day 7: Jampa - Cusco
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Boleto Turistico del Cusco (BTC)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Horses and mules to carry equipment/ luggage (up to 8kg per person)
- First aid kits and oxygen bottles
- Camping equipment
- Airport/hotel pick-up service
- Any international flights are not included in this price
- Travel insurance
- Sleeping bags, trekking poles and individual tents (available for rent)
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Domestic flights
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe climate in Peru is very unpredictable. As a result, we cannot guarantee 100% perfect conditions. Acclimatisation is required before trekking in high altitude. Altitude sickness can happen during your visit to Peru. It's effect is random and differs from person to person.