- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 7 boat trips to maximise chances of Jaguar sightings
- 90% success in jaguar sightings to date
- Explore a more off the beaten path part of the Pantanal
- Wetland birdwatching
The Pantanal straddles the borders of Brazil, Paraguay and Bolivia and is the world's largest wetland region. Its plains and low scrubby forests are home to over 1000 species of bird and 300 different mammals, including tapirs, anteaters, Jabiru storks and the striking Hyacinth macaw. Concentrating on the incredibly rich northern Pantanal in the southwest of Brazil, we divide our time between two lodges in different areas of the Pantanal, journeying deep into the Pantanal in search of the jaguar, the largest and most elusive feline in the Americas. These solitary predators, as well as being formidable opponents on land, are strong swimmers and are known to frequent the waterways we will explore.
To Hotel Baiazinha Lodge on the Paraguay River
Morning and afternoon boat safaris on the Paraguay River searching for jaguar
and other wildlife
Transfer to Araras Lodge
Search for Giant anteaters and capybaras
To Cuiaba; end
- 4 nights Hotel Baiazinha Lodge with en suite facilities, 3 nights Araras Lodge and 1 night hotel in Cuiaba , All accommodation
- 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- 9 days land only / 11 flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus, 4WD safari vehicle and motorised canoe
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Cuiaba are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Land of the Jaguar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 191+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Land of the Jaguar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 545 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 25 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Land of the Jaguar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Land of the Jaguar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.