- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- 7 boat trips to maximise chances of Jaguar sightings
- 90% success in jaguar sightings to date
- Explore a more off the beaten path part of the Pantanal
- Wetland bridwatching
The Pantanal straddles the borders of Brazil, Paraguay and Bolivia and is the world's largest wetland region. Its plains and low scrubby forests are home to over 1000 species of bird and 300 different mammals, including tapirs, anteaters, Jabiru storks and the striking Hyacinth macaw. Concentrating on the incredibly rich northern Pantanal in the southwest of Brazil, we divide our time between between two lodges in different areas of the Pantanal, journeying deep into the Pantanal in search of the jaguar, the largest and most elusive feline in the Americas. These solitary predators, as well as being formidable opponents on land, are strong swimmers and are known to frequent the waterways we will explore.
Day 1: Start Cuiaba.
Day 2: To Hotel Baiazinha Lodge on the Paraguay River
Day 3-5: Morning and afternoon boat safaris on the Paraguay River searching for jaguar
and other wildlife.
Day 6: Transfer to Araras Lodge.
Day 7-8: Search for Giant anteaters and capybaras.
Day 9: To Cuiaba; end.
- 4 nights Hotel Baiazinha Lodge with en suite facilities, 3 nights Araras Lodge and 1 night hotel in Cuiaba , All accommodation
- 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- 9 days land only / 11 flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus, 4WD safari vehicle and motorised canoe
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Cuiaba are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Land of the Jaguar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 191 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Land of the Jaguar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Land of the Jaguar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.