Cuba - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Cuba is an island that is full of life, history, and culture. It’s history with both Spain and Africa makes Cuba not only a culturally diverse place, but also a unique meeting of the eastern and western worlds. Looking for a good sandwich? How about a Cuban?
- Go and delight in the Ballet Nacional de Cuba, Cuba’s national ballet.
- Enjoy a game of baseball, football, cricket, or basketball.
- Listen and get your feet moving to mambo, cha-cha-cha, and salsa.
- See some of the classic cars that line the streets of Havana.
- Go and visit the small city of Trinidad.
- Soak up the sun on one of Cuba’s many beaches - a must do when on a trip to Cuba.
- Hike the Sierra Maestra Mountains, and enjoy the rural nature the island has to offer.
- Bring a guidebook; Cuba has terrible Internet connection.
- Know your money; there are two different types of pesos.
- Don’t engage the hustlers on the street; if you appear disinterested, they’ll leave you alone.
- Don’t talk politics; with Cuba’s checkered history comes discomfort.
- Drink only bottled water.
- Learn Spanish; it will make your life easier during a holiday in Cuba.
- Don’t stay in hotels; go with Casas Particulares (private houses or homestays).
Cuba has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Cuba before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Cuba, do check out our Cuba Travel Guide for more information.