- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Follow historic pilgrim routesEnjoy impressive gorges and spectacular sceneryStay in a familyrun hotel based in a traditional historic villageWalk a quiet section of the renowned Camino de SantiagoExplore the city of Burgos with its impressive Gothic Cathedral
The undiscovered lands of Old Castile, one of the historic medieval kingdoms of Spain, encompass an incredibly varied landscape where high plains and fertile valleys alternate with rugged hills, dramatic ridges and deep wooded gorges. Here, in the heart of the nation's gone-but-remembered glory and power, we venture on a fantastic journey during which we walk secret pilgrims’ routes, explore rich medieval heritage and enjoy the typical warm Spanish hospitality.
Day 1: Start Covarrubias.
Day 2: Circular walk in the Valles de Ura, home to numerous species of local flora
Day 3: Walk the GR82 from Retuerta to Santo Domingo, stopping at an iconic filming
location from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".
Day 4: Walk from San Juan de Ortega to Burgos on the world-renowned Camino de
Santiago pilgrimage route.
Day 5: Walk through vineyards and beautiful valleys to 'The Three Villages', three
remote and primitive settlements.
Day 6: Free day to relax or visit the cathedral city of Burgos and its many
Day 7: Walk along the crest of the Sierra de las Mamblas for stunning panoramic
Day 8: End Covarrubias.
- 7 nights in a traditional Spanish family-run hotel5 days centre-based walking; 1 free dayGroup normally 5 to 16 plus UK leader. Min age 16 yrsAltitude maximum 1278m, average 1000m ,All breakfasts and 7 dinnersAll accommodationTransfer for group flights
- Any international flights to/from Covarrubias are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 77 today.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.