- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Follow historic pilgrim routes
- Enjoy impressive gorges and spectacular scenery
- Stay in a familyrun hotel based in a traditional historic village
- Explore the city of Burgos with its impressive Gothic Cathedral on your free day
The undiscovered lands of Old Castile, one of the historic mediaeval kingdoms of Spain, encompass an incredibly varied landscape where high plains and fertile valleys alternate with rugged hills, dramatic windy ridges and deep wooded gorges. Here, in the heart of the nation's gone but remembered glory and power, we venture on a fantastic journey during which we walk secret pilgrims’ routes, explore rich mediaeval heritage and enjoy the typical warm Spanish hospitality.
Covarrubias is a pretty medieval town which was unfortunately mostly closed as the season appeared over. The hotel was pleasant, the staff very friendly and the evening meals very good. The packed lunches were at best average. The first two days walks were disappointing and returned early afternoon. The last three days walks were much better, covering a variety of terrain and offering lovely views. The guide was enthusiastic but it was the first time she had led this trip. The 2+ hour return trip by bus to the airport was not accompanied by an Exodus representative (or English and Spanish speaker) but fortunately no problems were encountered.”
Day 1: Start Covarrubias.
Day 2: Circular walk in the Valles de Ura, home to numerous species of local flora
Day 3: Full-day circular walk: ascend the Sierra de las Mamblas and circle the
distinctive Muela mountain.
Day 4: Beautiful walk from Rio Arlanza to Santo Domingo de Silos; visit the
beautiful Benedictine monastery.
Day 5: Walk through vineyards and beautiful valleys to the 'The Three Villages',
three remote and primitive settlements.
Day 6: Free day to relax or visit cathedral city of Burgos and its many sights.
Day 7: Walk along the crest of the Sierra de las Mamblas for stunning panoramic
Day 8: End Covarrubias.
- 7 nights in a traditional Spanish family-run hotel , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Transfer for group flights
- 5 days centre-based walking; 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 16 plus UK leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 1278m, average 1000m
- Any international flights to/from Covarrubias are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 47 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 135 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 24 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Secret Trails of Medieval Spain tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.