- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Rub shoulders with the chiefs of Kumasi and the King of Ashanti at the Akwasidae Festival at Manhyia Palace, or, watch voodoo performances during the Voodoo Festival in Ouidah.
- Cross Lake Togo and feel the history of Togoville in its palaces, churches and the voodoo fetish stalls lining the streets.
- Discover Ghana – with its ancient to modern history – in the capital of Accra.
- Visit the atmospheric St George’s Castle and unearth the nation’s haunting history of slavery.
Uncover three of West Africa’s most intriguing nations on this compact insight into Benin, Togo and Ghana. From Ouidah, Lome and Togoville, where voodoo still forms an important part of everyday life, on to the museums of Accra and pristine shores of Anomabo Beach, this snapshot of Benin, Togo and Ghana is as humbling as it is relaxing. Meet practitioners of the misunderstood religion and talented local artisans, discover stately former palaces engage in either the Voodoo or Akwasidae Festivals.
- Hotel (8 nights), Beach Hut (2 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts
- Private vehicle , Boat , Pirogue
- An expert tour leader
- Ganvie - Stilt Village
- Ganvie - Pirogue Ride
- Ouidah - City Tour
- Ouidah - Voodoo Festival (departure date dependent)
- Lake Togo - Boat Ride
- Togoville - Town Visit
- Lome - National Museum
- Lome - Musée International des Arts
- Accra - City Tour
- Kumasi - Kejeta Open Air Market
- Kumasi - Akwasidae Festival (departure date dependent)
- Kumasi - Ahwiaa Craft Village
- Kumasi - Ntonso Craft Village
- Kumasi - Bonwire Craft Village
- Anwiankwanta - Cocoa Plantation
- Elmina - St George's Castle
- Elmina - Walking Tour
- Any international flights to Cotonou and from Accra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Benin, Togo & Ghana Expedition tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 87+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Benin, Togo & Ghana Expedition tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Benin, Togo & Ghana Expedition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Benin, Togo & Ghana Expedition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- On some of the longer driving days, toilet stops will take place at basic facilities or ‘bush toilets’.
- Please be aware that due to local custom it is not uncommon to see animal sacrifices in these areas, especially during the 08 January Voodoo Festival departure
- Unfortunately, vegetarian dishes are not common in Ghana. Vegetarians can expect to eat a lot of vegetables with potatoes or rice.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions