The Republic of Costa Rica is a country with a progressive environmental mind, and a rapidly developing economy. With one of the world’s most enchanting and diverse bio-diversity, a trip to the country is packed with viewing exotic flora and fauna, rivers, and beautiful beaches that is great for water activities.
- Get to know over 3,000 species of animal in the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
- Zipline through the cloud rainforests.
- Feel the vastness in Poás Volcano National Park.
- Dance your feet off while enjoying a quick samba or merengue.
- Enjoy local tamales and other wonderful cuisine.
- Visit the Basílica de Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles (Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels).
- Prepare for the rain. Costa Rica is mostly rainforest, so the climate is humid and rainy except Guanacaste which is known as the ‘dry region’.
- Go with a tour guide; they know what they’re doing and it will only enhance your experience.
- Practice or learn about sustainable tourism while visiting.
- Avoid the tourist busses; while local ones might be slower, they are less expensive.
Costa Rica has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Costa Rica before planning your tour.