Costa Rica Eco Tours
With so many awesome eco tours in Costa Rica to try out, we thought we’d share the best ones.
- Eco tour in Manuel Antonio National Park: Home to some of the most diverse wildlife in Costa Rica, Manuel Antonio National Park is a wonderland for nature lovers. Wander through sloth-filled forests, check out the best beaches in the country, and hike to amazing vantage points looking out across the Pacific Ocean. Take a guided tour with a biologist to learn more about conservation efforts.
- Explore Monteverde on an eco tour: Monteverde Cloud Forest is one of the biggest attractions in Costa Rica and a conservationist haven. Fly through the forest canopy on an adrenaline-fuelled zipline, hike the many nature trails, or head to the legendary red suspension bridges and look out for the monkeys, birds, and other animals that call the canopy home. With an eco tour, you leave minimal impact behind, including offsetting your carbon, so you can relax and enjoy your trip in good conscience.
- Eco tour in San Jose: Take in the culture, history, and vibrancy of Costa Rica’s capital city on this eco tour to San Jose. Visit the Pre-columbian Gold Museum, the architecturally-astounding National Theater, before grabbing locally-sourced lunch at the Central Market. Talk to the locals about the nearby farms and businesses that keep this area thriving. This walking tour vibe is a great way to soak up the atmosphere of San Jose and keep your carbon footprint low!
Costa Rica eco tours by age
Enjoy an eco-tour in Costa Rica at any age.
Costa Rica eco tours based on budget
- Luxury eco tours in Costa Rica: Luxury eco-resorts are plentiful across Costa Rica, and many operate as part of local eco tours. A luxury eco tour is all about exclusivity and comfort while remaining sustainable. It will include excursions, such as private kayaking through the mangroves at Manuel Antonio, yoga retreats in Santa Teresa, and guided nature walks in Monteverde. Stay in eco-resorts and rest easy with sustainable products, tasty local breakfasts, and offset carbon emissions.
- Budget eco tours in Costa Rica: If you want a budget eco tour in Costa Rica, you can make it happen. Stay in eco-friendly hostels and homestays that help you to connect with the local culture. Travel by public bus between locations is a way to travel as a budget- and eco-conscious traveler. There are also plenty of ways to enjoy the natural beauty and national parks without spending a fortune on guides.
Costa Rica eco tours based on popular travel theme
As such a varied and versatile country, many different eco-tour types exist. Here are some of them.
Duration-based Costa Rica eco tour packages
You can sustainably enjoy Costa Rica, no matter how many days you have to spare.
If you have custom requirements for designing the perfect eco tour in Costa Rica, submit a customized trip request for Costa Rica.
Travel experience and benefits of Costa Rica eco tours
- Take a boat tour with local conservation experts and get up close to humpback whales in the picturesque town of Uvita.
- Enjoy a relaxing soak in La Fortuna’s natural hot springs, taking in the sounds of the birds and wildlife around you.
- Eco tours in Costa Rica actively contribute to protecting the conservation efforts and wildlife of the area for years to come.
- Swim in a waterfall at Catarata Fortuna and reconnect with nature. Hike down to the waterfall's base, take the plunge, and pinch yourself that you’re really here.
Tips for Costa Rica eco trips
- When you’re on a Costa Rica eco tour, bring a reusable bottle. It’s hot and humid, so even if it’s overcast, you’ll need to stay hydrated. Tap water is safe here.
- Public buses in Costa Rica are an easy, affordable, and largely eco-friendly way to travel. They’re super popular and run between all the main cities and towns.
- If you can, donate to conservation efforts in the area. There’s normally a donation box in addition to the entry fee at national parks.