- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Sightseeing tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21070
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Copenhagen: Explore this modern seafront city with your Local Expert, home to the happiest people in the world. See Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid on the harbour, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and the imposing Christiansborg Palace, where parliament sits.
- Copenhagen: Make the most of the long summer nights at the glittering Tivoli Gardens, the world-famous entertainment park, full of fantasy, fun and charm.
- Oresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent feat of engineering that links Denmark and Sweden in spectacular fashion. Join the millions who have traversed the longest road and rail bridge in Europe since June 2000, and spot the artificial island with its unique ecosystem.
- Vattern: As you journey across the stunning Swedish countryside, take a moment to admire the serene beauty of this picturesque lake, mentioned in Samuel Johnson's 'The Idler.' The water here is so fresh that you can drink it from any point.
- Stockholm: With a Local Expert, step inside the City Hall where the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall, is covered by 18 million gilded mosaic tiles. You'll also see the Blå hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held.
- Stockholm: Visit the Vasa Museum, which houses the world-famous Vasa Galleon, the world's best preserved 17th century warship that was salvaged after 333 years on the sea bed near Stockholm. Delve into what life was like on board through the exhibited items that have been recovered.
- Bergen: Your Local Expert will guide you through the lively fish market and its many stalls of handicrafts and souvenirs, before you have the chance to marvel at the 13th century Haakon's Hall, a former royal residence still in use for cultural events.
- Bergen: You're invited to visit Troldhaugen, the former summer home of renowned composer Edvard Grieg. See the villa where he dreamed up his Romantic-era masterpieces.
- Flam Railway: Renowned as one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world, the Flåm railway takes you on a thrilling ride 866 meters up the mountainside to Myrdal station. Admire spectacular scenery as you weave in and out of tunnels and past dramatic waterfalls.
- Lillehammer: Pause on your journey to have a wander around the ski resort town of Lillehammer. Known for the 1994 and 2016 Winter Olympics, sports fans can see the famous ski jump and there are also a number of attractive late 19th century wooden houses on the walk.
- Show more
Take in splendid Copenhagen and see Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid alongside your Local Expert. Experience a true taste of Swedish culture as you dine at the Fotografiska Museum restaurant in Stockholm—a recipient of the prestigious Michelin Sustainability Emblem, honouring the delicious and organic meals served. Across the border in Norway, the Geiranger Fjord adventure showcases the world famous beauty of the pristine fjords. Choose either to get up close with cascading waterfalls on a boat tour, or enjoy a more leisurely guided kayak adventure—paddling at your pace through the crystal clear and calm waters.
Day 1: Welcome to Copenhagen
Day 2: Highlights of Copenhagen Relaxed Start
Day 3: Scenic Vittaryd Relaxed Start
Day 4: Cross-country to Stockholm
Day 5: Highlights of Stockholm
Day 6: Majestic Bergen
Day 7: Edvard Grieg's Bergen Relaxed Start
Day 8: The Flm Railway and Geiranger
Day 9: Fjord Adventure
Day 10: Cross-country to Oslo
Day 11: Highlights of Oslo Relaxed Start
Day 12: Farewell Oslo
- 71 Nyhavn Hotel, Copenhagen. hotel
- Toftaholm Herrgård, Vittaryd. hotel
- Hôtel Reisen by Hyatt hotel
- Bergen Børs Hotel. hotel
- Hotel Union Geiranger (Fjord view room). hotel
- Grand Hotel Oslo. hotel
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
- Geiranger: There is no better scenic location, than the Hotel Union Geiranger. Luxury Gold guests enjoy upgraded rooms set against a fabulous backdrop of breathtaking fjord scenery and mountains.
- We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- Copenhagen: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at Høst, an elegant restaurant serving contemporary Nordic cuisine in the heart of the city. Fresh Nordic ingredients and seasonal greens set the scene. With a focus on sustainable practices Høst works towards reducing food waste, reducing their CO2 footprint and have invested in a solar cell park.
- Stockholm: Dine at the Fotografiska Museum Restaurant, where you’ll enjoy a mouthwatering, creative and sustainability-driven dinner. Honoured with the Michelin Sustainability Emblem, Fotografiska is a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience serving organic, plant-based meals with a mission to inspire a more conscious world.
- Bergen: Tonight you can indulge in a delicious local Seafood Dinner.
- Oslo: Raise a glass and toast to your Scandinavian adventure during your Celebration Dinner at one of the city's top restaurants, Grand Café Oslo. Feast on modern Nordic cuisine as you reminisce on the majesty of the fjords.
- 7 Dinner (D)
- 11 Breakfast (B)
- Travel by coach
- Our customised luxury coaches are sanitised before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customised luxury coaches.
- Experienced Driver Guide
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travel Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travel Concierges, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Any international flights to Copenhagen and from Oslo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Timeless Scandinavia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 275+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Timeless Scandinavia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 92 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 91 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 August 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 August 2023, a deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 91 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Timeless Scandinavia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Timeless Scandinavia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.