All went perfect : organization before we arrived, during our trip regarding quality of logistics, accommodation, transportation and food as well as quality of our guides. All was made for us to feel like home while preserving the specificity of our experience in a wonderful environment. I did expect a lot from this trip .. thank you for making it even better than imagined ! I definetely recommend this company !"
With this company you are in good hands!"
They were very understanding and listened to all our needs! The jeep was very comfortable and had plugs to charge our phones and the lodge was the perfect place to rest between the two safari days with an excellent dinner.
I'd definetely book again with them."
Here is an overview of the different safari styles available in Tanzania with us. We can combine many of these safari styles in a tailor-made safari or you can book some of these in a standard safari.
- Traveling in a 4×4 safari vehicle with a pop-up roof is the classic safari style. Our vehicles fit a maximum of 7 guests, each will have a window seat. These vehicles are fitted with seat belts for each passenger, a 40l fridge with water and a plug point for charging cell phones and cameras.
- To access remote areas such as the game parks in south of Tanzania you can opt for a fly-in safari. This saves time and reduces travel time driving on rough roads. Board an airplane on a fly-in safari to the parks of northern or southern Tanzania or if you prefer to travel in style and comfort.
- A walking safari will let you get up close and personal with nature and its animals. You will be accompanied by an armed ranger who will show you tracking techniques and teach you about the fauna and flora of his country. Perfect for adventurous travelers.
- A boat safari in southern Tanzania is a great way to see birds and animals from a new perspective. A half day boat trip on the Rufiji or Ruaha Rivers in the Selous Game Reserve provides an excellent opportunity to photograph water birds and animals coming to the water for a drink — you might see hippos, crocodiles, buffalo, giraffes and with luck, even lions.
- Float silently in a hot-air balloon and see the bush from the air. This is especially popular in the Serengeti where you can see the sun rise over the savanna. Often a balloon trip is followed by a champagne breakfast in the bush.
As diversified as the different safari styles in Tanzania just so are the accommodation styles we offer:
- Lodge safaris offer accommodation in lodges and permanent tented camps with solid flooring.
- Luxury safaris include specially selected four to five-star lodgings where you will have a bedroom with good beds and linen and an en-suite bathroom. Lodge safaris are available as group tours with scheduled departure dates or as private trips.
- Our Mobile Explorer safaris offer camping in secluded and private campsites away from the crowds. The tents we use are larger than camping tents and guests sleep on single beds fitted with a proper mattress and linen. The food on our Mobile Explore safaris is specially prepared by well- trained safari chefs and will be served in the mess tent or under the open African sky.
Mobile toilets and bush showers are provided.
The Mobile Explorer safari style is ideal for nature lovers who would like to enjoy peace and quietness in the middle of the African bush but who also prefer a little comfort.
- Camping safaris are perfect for adventurers and are more rustic in style. You will overnight in public campsites within the national parks or on campsites outside the parks but close to the entrance. Guests sleep in 2- tents on comfortable sleeping mats. Ablution facilities on camp sites are very basic and shared with other campers. A safari cook will prepare delicious home-cooked food, served in a lapa on the camp site.
Adventure Camping safaris are great for nature lovers with a limited budget, families and the young-at-heart. These safaris are available as group tours with scheduled departure dates or as private trips departing on guests’ selected dates.
Planning your safari in Tanzania is easy. Speak with us about what you preference and your budget. We will help design your ideal Tanzania safari.
Why book with Us
We understand that traveling to a new and different destination may seem complicated and daunting, but we make it easy. Let us take you to places of unimaginable beauty and let you experience a vacation that you will treasure for a lifetime. Let us show you the magic of Tanzania.
Tours and Holidays by Expect In Africa Safari
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-free booking
- No booking or credit card fees