Butterfly Tours is a locally-run, Cambodian students’ company that seeks to introduce visitors to the rich yet often unseen interiors of Cambodian back-roads. All our tours are led by local student leaders—a majority of whom come from the countryside themselves—who are keen to share their extensive knowledge about Cambodian communities, its people, and traditions. Visitors taking our tours are guaranteed an experience like no other; besides viewing truly local and stunning sights, you will simultaneously be supporting an Eco-friendly and sustainable effort that directly benefits rural Cambodian communities.
Why book with Us
+ Designing your travel experience:
- Take a relaxing bike ride through local Cambodian villages in Battambang, Siem Reap, and Kampot—away from the usual tourist hotspots.
- View and photograph magnificent scenery of the Cambodian countryside.
- Observe Cambodia’s rural ways of life—visit local temples and learn about the variety of cottage industries, as well as our rich agricultural livelihoods.
- Immerse yourself in “the local”—sample authentic Cambodian cuisine and learn about our unique Khmer customs and culture!
- Meet friendly Cambodian children and villagers!
+ Benefiting local Cambodian communities:
- We train local students and youths to be your guides, in turn offering them employment and leadership opportunities.
- We personally nurture and develop leadership and managerial skills of our Butterfly team members, who are made up of Cambodian youths from the countryside
- Within villages, we engage local Cambodians to share their knowledge and skills with us, who in turn share them with you when you take our tours!
+ Generating the sustainable impact to Cambodian tourism and local community:
- Educate visitors on the socio-cultural and economic landscape of Cambodia.
- Deepen visitors’ knowledge on local Cambodian cultures and customs.
- Support the integrity of local cultures by favoring businesses and local goods that conserve the cultural heritage and traditional values of Cambodia.
- Support the local economy through the purchase of local goods from small Cambodian businesses.
- Conserve the local environment by engaging businesses that are eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Develop sustainable forms of tourism that create more jobs and support local Cambodian trade and investment.
Tours and Holidays by Butterfly Tours
- Best Price Guarantee
- Hassle-free booking
- No booking or credit card fees