- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 9+ yrs
- Explore the lost city fortress of Sigiriya
- Relax on palmfringed tropical beaches
- The ancient cave temple of Dambulla
- A game drive in Yala National Park
Sri Lanka has an amazing array of mesmerising sites to visit. From the ancient cave temples of Dambulla to the world famous Temple of the Tooth, there is something to fascinate everyone. We climb to the top of the Lions Rock Fortress in Sigiriya, take a game drive to see elephants in their natural habitat and visit Kandy which is the cultural hub of Sri Lanka. After exploring the tea plantations in the cool highlands we travel to Yala National Park where we take a game drive in search of leopard! Finally we head to the idyllic palm-fringed beaches of the south coast, the perfect end to a varied and fun holiday.
Day 1: Start Chilaw.
Day 2: Drive via Kurungala to Sigiriya; relax by the pool.
Day 3: Explore ancient Polonnaruwa; game drive at Minneriya National Park to see
elephants in their natural habitat.
Day 4: Climb to the top of Lion Rock and cycle through local villages.
Day 5: Cave temples at Dambulla; visit a spice garden; drive to Kandy visiting a
traditional rope factory (using coconut husk) en route.
Day 6: Visit the Temple of the Tooth.
Day 7: Visit a tea plantation in Nurawa Eliya and have a go at tea-picking; stay in
the beautiful highlands.
Day 8: Drive to Yala National Park via Ella gap; afternoon game drive.
Day 9-11: Transfer to our beach hotel via Tangalle; 3 nights by beach to relax or
explore the area.
Day 12: To Colombo via the old Dutch Fort at Galle.
Day 13: End Colombo.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch included
- Transport minibus, jeep and bicycle
- All transport and listed activities
- Two weeks exploring the best that Sri Lanka has to offer, the perfect family destination
- Some long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tropical Island Wanderer Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 76 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Tropical Island Wanderer Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tropical Island Wanderer Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.