- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 36
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Colombo: Sri Lanka’s vibrant capital is both a historic city packed with colonial architecture and a bustling metropolis.
- Dambulla: Catch a glimpse of this fascinating Buddhist cavetemple carved deep into a mountain and decorated with impressive frescoes.
- Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle, offering breathtaking panoramic views.
- Polonnaruwa: An ancient city characterized by temples and palace ruins, as well as an interesting stillfunctioning irrigation system.
Explore Sri Lanka high and low with this fascinating guaranteed departure tour starting in the capital, Colombo, and taking an inland loop that covers all the main historical, cultural, and natural attractions of this magical island. Discover a world of lush landscapes, picturesque lakeside cities, historic temples, and ancient citadels. Breathe in the fragrances of Sri Lanka at herb and spice gardens. Enjoy cultural shows and spiritual experiences over nine unforgettable days travelling across this earthly paradise.
Day 1: Arrival Colombo
Day 2: Colombo – Pinnawala – Dambulla – Sigiriya (150km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Sigiriya – Polonnaruwa – Sigiriya (140km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Sigiriya – Matale – Peradeniya – Kandy (100km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 5: Kandy
Day 6: Kandy – Tea Plantation – Nuwara Eliya (95km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 7: Nuwara Eliya – Buduruwagala – Tissamaharama (180km – 5 Hrs)
Day 8: Tissamaharama – Galle – Kosgoda – Kalutara (275km – 5 Hrs)
Day 9: Kalutara – Depart Colombo (80km – 1.5 Hrs)
- 8 nights' accommodation in selected hotel category
- 8 Breakfasts
- Air-conditioned transportation as stated in the programme
- Inbound/Outbound airport transfers from/to Bandaranike International Airport in Colombo.
- Operated with English-speaking guide
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Bandaranike International Airport in Colombo
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Entrance fees for all sights and attractions
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Pick Of Sri Lanka - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 June 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Pick Of Sri Lanka - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Pick Of Sri Lanka - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.