- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12-60 yrs
- max group size 4
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Get a taste of the best of Sri Lankan nature, culture, history and beaches
- Discover important cultural sites including Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Temple of the Tooth
- Explore the natural side of Sri Lanka on two wildlife safaris in different national parks
- Relax, swim and snorkel at Pasikudah Beach
The trip commences from Yala and takes you all the way up to Ella, Pasikudah, and the cultural triangle. Start with a city tour of Unesco-listed Galle, before heading to Yala to explore the wildlife in Yala National Park. Stop in Ella amid the lush tea country and take a cable car to your resort. Then, get a bit active with a short hike to a secluded waterfall before driving to the sacred city Kandy across the tea plantations. Sit back and relax at Pasikudah Beach, or opt for optional snorkeling and whale-watching excursions. Spend the last few nights in Sri Lanka at the cultural triangle, where you'' be able to explore some iconic attractions such as Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Embark on one last safari at Minneriya National Park before the trip in paradise comes to an end!
Please see the itinerary and what's included and excluded sections for more details. See you in Sri Lanka!
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Yala – Ella: Into tea country
Day 3: Ella: Waterfall hike and zipline
Day 4: Explore the sacred city, Kandy
Day 5: Pasikudah: Sun, waves and sand
Day 6: Leisure day with optional snorkel in Pasikudah
Day 7: Beach day with optional whale watching
Day 8: Polonnaruwa – Sigiriya: An ancient kingdom
Day 9: Sigiriya: Explore Anuradhapura ancient city
Day 10: Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Minneriya wildlife safari
Day 11: Bid farwell
- Accommodation in a double room for 10 nights
- Garlanding on arrival
- Water bottles throughout the tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned car with an English-speaking chauffeur/guide.
- Panoramic city tour at Galle by car
- Trek to Warakara Waterfall
- Zip-line activity at Ella Jungle Resort
- Panoramic Kandy city tour by car
- Tips and portage
- International Flights and visa entry charges
- Cost of mandatory on arrival PCR tests and cost for second PCR test done on Day 5 or Day 7 before departure
- Cost of Mandatory special Covid-19 insurance.
- Any optional activities, sites or excursions not listed in the what's included section
- Below sites/ excursions and experiences includes the program; not including the price:
- Entrance ticket and Jeep for half-day safari at Yala National Park: USD 30 per person, USD 35 per jeep (maximum 5 pax)
- Entrance ticket for Half Day safari at Minneriya National Park – USD 30 per person
- Entrance ticket for Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden – USD 15 per person
- Entrance ticket for Temple of The Tooth – USD 10 per person
- Entrance ticket for Polonnaruwa Ancient City – USD 25 per person
- Entrance ticket for Sigiriya Rock Fortress – USD 30 per person
- Prices for all optional sites/ excursions and experiences mentioned in the itinerary: Snorkeling – USD 35 per person, whale watching – USD 60 per person, Anuradhapura Ancient City – USD 25 per person
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPCR Test Rules for Sri Lanka On arrival PCR testing is mandatory for people above 12 years of age. Children below the age of 12 are exempted from PCR test If a traveler stays for 4 nights/ 5 days or less, other than the on arrival PCR test no other PCR testing is required. If the stay is more than 4 nights/ 5 days yet less than 13 nights/ 14 days, other than the on arrival PCR test they will only go through a 57 day PCR test (2 PCR tests). If the stay is 13 nights/ 14 days or more, a 3rd PCR test will be conducted on 1014 day (3 PCR tests). Each PCR test is priced at USD 40 per person If any tourist is tested positive for COVID19, he/she will be sent to a hospital or a quarantine hotel and will be charged at the rate of USD 100 per night which will be covered by the Mandatory insurance. You will need to pay USD 12 for a 1 month cover of USD 50,000 offered by People's Insurance PLC and it is a mandatory requirement when applying for your visa. Visit https://www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/ for information.