Discover the colourful culture and history, friendly people, and the timeless wonders of Sri Lanka on the 8-day Splendours of Ceylon. An island blessed with green forests, vast sandy beaches and stunning ancient treasures, Sri Lanka is a true hidden gem of South-East Asia. Start your adventure at the metropolitan city of Colombo and explore impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites scattered around the island. Hop on your jeep in Walpattu, Horton Plains and Minneriya to spot elephants or the famed Sri Lankan Leopard. Trek through lush forests, climb up to temples carved in huge boulders and have a sip of exotic Sri Lankan tea.
Day 1: Colombo
Day 2: Colombo, Wilpattu National Park Safari, Anuradhapura
Day 3: Anuradhapura, Ritigala Jeep Safari, Sigiriya
Day 4: Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Minneriya National Park, Sigiriya
Day 5: Sigiriya, Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya
Day 6: Nuwara Eliya, Horton Plains Trek & Jeep Safari, Nuwara Eliya
Day 7: Nuwara Eliya, Tea Factory, Colombo
Day 8: Colombo
- 5 & 4 Star Hotels
- 7 Breakfasts
- Air-Conditioned Vehicle, Jeep
- Arrival shuttle at 3.00pm on Day 1. Departure shuttle at 3.00pm on Day 8.
- Services of experienced Travel Talk local guides licenced by the Ministry of Tourism
- Jeep safari at Wilpattu, Ritigala, Minneriya Nationa Park, Horton Plains
- Any international flights to/from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Splendours of Ceylon tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
Any flights not mentioned above
Meals not stated above
items of a personal nature
Tips and gestures
Entrance fees to the sights and museums
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Splendours of Ceylon tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2022, a deposit of 80 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Splendours of Ceylon tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Splendours of Ceylon tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Larger tour groups will be separated according to the local physical distancing regulations.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.
How much does it cost to tour Sri Lanka?
Your Sri Lanka tour price can vary greatly, depending on the length of the trip, the month you are traveling, and the accommodation and services that you wish to book. Two weeks in Sri Lanka, for example, can cost anywhere from around USD 800 to USD 2,500 per person.
If you are looking for something less expensive, you can opt for tours lasting between four to seven days that can be booked for USD 500 or less. However, please keep in mind that most tours do not include international flights, visa charges, and travel insurance, which you will have to factor into your budget.
Travelers heading out to discover Sri Lanka on their own (without a package tour), should be prepared to spend around USD 40 per person, per day on food and accommodation.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
How many days are enough for Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka is full of incredible sights and is certainly not a country to rush through. We suggest spending no less than five days in the country. However, if you have time, two weeks in Sri Lanka is ideal. For further guidance, check out our in-depth travel guide on how many days to spend in Sri Lanka.
How to plan an Asia tour?
Asia is a relatively large continent, so there are a wide variety of destinations to explore. Therefore, if you are planning a multi-country trip to Asia, the first thing you need to prepare is the list of countries you are interested in along with your starting and ending points. You would also need to decide on the best time for your trip depending on seasonal variations that affect each country.
After finalizing when and where to travel in Asia, you should make arrangements for all the necessary travel documents. These would include visas, insurances, Covid-19 test reports, vaccine cards, and so on.
Which countries should I visit in Asia?
Asia has more than enough destinations to meet every traveler’s needs and desires. If you are into adventure, look no further than the mighty Himalayas. Go on an exhilarating hike to the base camp of Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world, or head for the Indian states of Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh instead. Thailand, with its blend of dazzling nightlife, rich history, and striking monuments, is the perfect destination not just for those who wish to let their hair down but also for travelers looking forward to being part of a memorable cultural experience.
Go on a tour to Cambodia, home to the monumental Angkor Wat, if you are into off-the-beaten-path destinations, or choose a Japan tour if you wish to discover how traditions and modernity can be seamlessly blended. The Maldives, with its numerous islands and beaches, is sure to provide you with countless opportunities to kick back on sandy stretches, swim in turquoise waters, and go island-hopping, while the rainforests of Malaysia and Indonesia are a haven for wildlife enthusiasts.