- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kandy: This beautiful city hosts the famous Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and its paradisiacal palaces and gardens.
- Yala National Park: Explore the magnificent fields of green and meet many wild animals such as elephants, buffalo, crocodiles, and leopards.
- Galle: Travel back in time while exploring the historical streets of this wellpreserved fortified Dutch colonial city.
- Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle, offering breathtaking panoramic views.
Ayubowan! Welcome back to the paradise island of Sri Lanka. This tour has been created bearing in mind all the current COVID-19 restrictions in Sri Lanka and is on request. As many things might change we will be re-confirming all the items as per your enquiry.
Explore Sri Lanka high and low with this fascinating tour starting in the capital, Colombo, and taking an inland loop that covers all the main historical, cultural, and natural attractions of this magical island. Experience firsthand the love and respect that Sri Lankans have for the Elephants. Explore the medieval city of Polonnaruwa. Visit Nuwara Eliya, the heart of Sri Lanka's tea country producing a significant share of the world’s best tea. Discover Yala National Park, stepping into the most visited national park in the country but also the lands of a civilization that thrived during the reign of Sri Lankan kings. Explore Kaudulla National Park, listed by Lonely Planet, making this elephant tour in Sri Lanka among the Top Ten wildlife spectacles in the world. Visit Galle, the epic Southern capital, is the intersection where classic Dutch architecture meets a tropical setting creating a vivid atmosphere in beauty
Day 1: Arrival Colombo – Negombo (35km – 45min)
Day 2: Negombo
Day 3: Negombo – Pinnawala – Kandy (185km – 4.5hrs)
Day 4: Kandy – Peradeniya – Kandy (12km – 30min)
Day 5: Kandy – Sigiriya – Kaudulla – Kandy (245km – 4.5hrs)
Day 6: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (80km – 2.5hrs)
Day 7: Nuwara Eliya – Yala (150km – 4hrs)
Day 8: Yala – Galle – Ahungalla (190km – 3hrs)
Day 9: Ahungalla – Departure Colombo (125km – 2hrs)
- 8 night’s accommodation
- 8 Breakfasts
- 8 Dinners
- Arrival and departure private transfer in an air-conditioning vehicle from/ to Colombo International Airport
- Private transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle throughout the tour
- Operated with English-speaking chauffeur-guide
- Spanish-speaking guide upon an additional cost (optional extra)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage (Day 3); Temple of the Tooth Relic, Peradeniya Botanical Garden (Day 4); Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Kaudulla national park game drive (Day 5); Nuwara Eliya tour (Day 6); Yala National Park game drive (Day 7); Galle city tour (Day 8)
- Meet & Greet
- PCR test are paid locally and the number of tests depends on the duration of stay. If the stay is 14 days or more, traveller must pay for 3 PCR tests. Children under 12 years of age are exempted from PCR testing. The cost per PCR test will be approx. USD 40 (eg: On arrival PCR testing is mandatory) If a traveller stays for 4 nights/5 days or less pay for 1 PCR test, If the stay is more than 5 days yet less than 13 nights/14 days, pay for 2 PCR tests, If the stay is 14 days or more, pay for 3 PCR tests.
- Mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover from People's Insurance PLC at USD 12 for a policy of USD 50,000 for a period of one month
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (Video Camera and Still Camera permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Splendid Sri Lanka, Private Tour (on Request) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Splendid Sri Lanka, Private Tour (on Request) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Splendid Sri Lanka, Private Tour (on Request) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.