- Getaways and short breaks
- Art and architecture
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle and offers stunning panoramic views.
- Kandy: This beautiful city is home to the outstanding Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and its associated palaces and gardens.
- Dambulla: Discover an impressive cave temple consisting of five caverns decorated with painted walls and ceilings.
- Polonnaruwa: The breathtaking ruined medieval capital of Sri Lanka remains in excellent condition despite the ravage.
Join this guaranteed departure tour, discover Sri Lanka’s central highlands, and behold a world of spectacular landscapes, picturesque lakeside cities, historic temples, and ancient citadels. Breathe in the fragrances of Sri Lanka in the local herb and spice gardens. Enjoy fascinating cultural shows, spiritual experiences, and observe the mesmerising contrasts between the old world charms and modernity of the capital, over five unforgettable days travelling across this idyllic island.
Day 1: Arrival Colombo – Dambulla (135km – 4.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Dambulla – Sigiriya – Polonnaruwa – Dambulla (160km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Dambulla – Matale – Kandy (90km – 2 Hrs)
Day 4: Kandy – Colombo (115km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 5: Depart Colombo
- 4 nights' accommodation on your selected hotel category and board basis option
- 4 Breakfasts
- Air-conditioned transportation as stated in the programme
- Inbound airport transfer from Bandaranike International Airport in Colombo.
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- Meet and greet on arrival at Bandaranike International Airport in Colombo
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Departure airport transfer
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Entrance fees for all sights and attractions
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sacred Sri Lanka - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sacred Sri Lanka - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sacred Sri Lanka - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.