- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Negombo: a famous fishing village that is proud of its colonial Dutch fort and other Dutch period architecture.
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress: a World Heritage Site, rising grandly amidst scrub jungle, the site features moats, ramparts, extensive water gardens decorating the expanses of its grounds.
- Minneriya National Park: spanning over 8,800 hectares, the is located alongside the vast, renovated Minneriya Rainwater Reservoir.
- Kandy: a World Heritage Site, a charming destination in Sri Lanka which offers visitors a vibrant culture, a rich heritage and a unique sense of tradition to experience.
Set off on a romantic tour to visit breathtakingly lush tea estates, vibrant culture, and a unique and ancient heritage that will mesmerize you. Explore and marvel by the awe-inspiring beauty of the region, which has its own unique old-world charm.
Day 1: Arrival Negombo
Day 2: Negombo – Ridigama – Dambulla – Habarana (170km – 4hrs)
Day 3: Habarana – Sigiriya – Minneriya – Habarana (100km – 2hrs)
Day 4: Habarana – Trincomalee (100km – 2hrs)
Day 5: Trincomalee
Day 6: Trincomalee – Kandy (180km – 3hrs)
Day 7: Kandy – Peradeniya – Nuwara Eliya (80km – 2.5hrs)
Day 8: Nuwaraeliya – Kitulgala – Bentota (215km – 5hrs)
Day 9: Bentota
Day 10: Bentota – Colombo (80km – 1.5hrs)
Day 11: Departure Colombo
- 10 night’s accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts
- 10 Dinners
- 9 Lunches upon an additional cost (full-board optional extra)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Silver Temple, Dambulla, Sigiriya Rock, Minneriya Safari, Sacred Tooth Relic Temple, Cultural Show, Botanical Garden, White-water rafting, Mask Factory Ambalangoda, Gangaramaya Temple
- Arrival and departure private transfer from/to Bandaranaike International Airport
- Private transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle throughout the tour
- Operated with English-speaking chauffeur-guide, other languages upon booking of the optional extra
- Meet & Greet
- Government taxes
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Lunches, available upon an additional cost (full-board extra)
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Visits to wildlife parks will be at client's own risk. Safari vehicles (none air-conditioned) available are very basic with basic insurance cover (not comprehensive as in the case of vehicles used for tours)
- The guide is not available for the departure day
- Optional tours (if any)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Romantic Escape, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Romantic Escape, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Romantic Escape, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.