- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Experience Sri Lanka’s natural heritage and its rich, tropical ecosystem on this 9-day tour of some of the highlights of the island. Explore the lush landscapes of the Sinharaja Rainforest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve, as well as the diverse, exotic animals, plants and birds that reside there. Meet some of the largest and gentlest species in the animal kingdom in Udawalawe and breathe in the fresh fragrance of the lush green tea plantations that stretch across the hill country.
Day 1: Arrive Colombo — Sinharaja (145km - 4hrs)
Day 2: Sinharaja
Day 3: Sinharaja
Day 4: Sinharaja — Udawalawe (110km - 3.5hrs)
Day 5: Udawalawe — Yala (110km – 2.45hrs)
Day 6: Yala
Day 7: Yala – Nuwara Eliya (180km - 5hrs)
Day 8: Nuwara Eliya — Horton Plains — Nuwara Eliya (60km - 2.5hrs)
Day 9: Departure Nuwara Eliya - Colombo (165km - 5hrs)
- 8 nights' accommodation
- 8 Breakfasts
- 8 Dinners
- Arrival airport transfer / Departure airport transfer
- Operated with English-speaking driver/tour guide.
- Jeep safari in Yala National Park on day 6
- Yala National Park, Udawalawe National park, Sinharaja and Horton Plains
- Meet and greet day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals throughout the tour.
- Tips and porterage
- Flights, travel insurance and anything else not stated in the programme
- Entrance fees to places of interest not stated explicitly in inclusions
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Professional Birding Tour - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 February 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Professional Birding Tour - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Professional Birding Tour - Free Upgrade To Private Tour Available tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.