- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- age_requirement 10+ years old
- Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle, offering breathtaking panoramic views.
- Polonnaruwa: An ancient city characterized by temples and palace ruins, as well as an interesting stillfunctioning irrigation system.
- Matale: Wander around the delightful spice gardens, breathing the scents of Sri Lanka: cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg, and many others.
- Nuwara Eliya: View fascinating plantations in the heart of Sri Lanka’s tea country and admire the town’s Victorian architecture.
Discover the heart of Sri Lanka with this fascinating journey departing from Colombo Airport, visiting the most important historical places, and the cultural and natural attractions of the island, including five UNESCO world heritage sites. Enjoy its beautiful landscapes and picturesque villages, historical temples and ancient cities. Also, meet the most incredible creatures on the planet in an elephant orphanage. Breathe in the scents of Sri Lanka in its spice gardens and tea plantation. You will also enjoy cultural shows and spiritual experiences during eight unforgettable days knowing the paradise described by Marco Polo as the most beautiful place he had seen.
Day 1: Arrival Colombo (40km – 45 Mins)
Day 2: Colombo – Silver Temple – Dambulla – Sigiriya/habarana (150km – 6hrs)
Day 3: Sigiriya/habarana – Sigiriya – Polonnaruwa – Habarana/sigiriya (100km – 2hrs)
Day 4: Sigiriya/habarana – Matale – Kandy (200km – 4hrs)
Day 5: Kandy – Tea Plantation – Nuwara Eliya (80km – 2hrs)
Day 6: Nuwara Eliya – Ella – Yala – Tissamaharama/yala (160km – 4hrs)
Day 7: Tissamaharama – Weligama – Galle – Beach Area (170km – 4hrs)
Day 8: Beach Area - Departure Colombo (176kms – 2hrs)
- 7 nights' accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- 7 Dinners
- 7 Lunches available upon an additional cost (full-board extra)
- Inbound/Outbound private transfer from/to Colombo Airport
- Air-conditioned private transportation throughout the tour
- Operated with English-speaking chauffeur-guide, other languages upon booking of the optional extra
- Non-air-conditioned private 4X4 Jeep for Safari in Yala National Park (Day 6)
- Meet and greet
- Government taxes
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Entrance to Perahera Festival in August
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Pearl Of The Indian Ocean, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 February 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Pearl Of The Indian Ocean, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Pearl Of The Indian Ocean, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.