- Bicycle tour
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Maldives cruise around the islands with crystal clear waters
- Polonnaruwa Explore this deserted ancient city on bikes and see the huge reclining Buddha
- Sigiriya climb to the top of Lions Rock for incredible views
- Wildlife search for groups of wild elephants, buffalo, deer, Samber, Wildboar and Crocodile in Udawalawe National Park
Combining an actioned packed ten day journey across Sri Lanka with a relaxing traditional Dhoni cruise in the Maldives is a winning combination! Explore jungles, discover Buddhist relics, take part in a cookery lesson and tour ancient temple sites on mountain bike, it's all part of the adventure in this tropical paradise known as Buddha's Island. Wildlife - search for groups of wild elephants, buffalo, wild boar and crocodile in Udawalawe National Park, returning to our comfortable tented camp in the evening Pidurangala - a magical experience staying in a jungle lodge on the footsteps of Sigiriya's Lion Rock. Experience sunset lake cruises, nature trails and cooking demonstrations and dinner under the stars. Maldives - cruise around the islands on a traditional Dhoni, snorkelling in crystal clear waters
Day 1 : Join trip in Colombo
Day 2 : Visit the fish markets of Negombo, drive to a secluded eco lodge near Sigiriya. Night time walking safari.
Day 3 : Nature walks, cooking demonstration and sunset boat cruise at our Jungle retreat. Dinner under the stars
Day 4 : Climb Sigiriya's sky fortress. Visit rural Habarana, travel by tuk tuk, bullock cart and canoe to a farm for a cooking lesson and lunch before travelling onto Giritale
Day 5 : In Giritale; explore the nearby ancient city of Polonnaruwa by bike.
Day 6 : Free morning. Afternoon jeep safari to spot wild elephant.
Day 7 : Drive to Kandy via the botanical gardens at Peradeniya. Walking tour of lake side town of Kandy
Day 8 : Visit a tea factory in Nuwara Eliya and catch a train to Ella
Day 9 : Visit Elephant sanctuary and game drive in Udawalawe National Park
Day 10 : Visit Turtle Hatchery; drive to Hikkaduwa
Day 11 : Fly to the Maldives and join our Dhoni cruise boat
Day 12 : Cruise to Kudhi Boli, tour of the island and snorkelling
Day 13 : Cruise to Rihiveli, cooking lesson and beach BBQ
Day 14 : Cruise to Hullhu Male with visits to Male's markets
Day 15 : Trip ends in Male
- 14 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Pegasus Reef Hotel (1 night)
- Back of Beyond, Pidurangala (2 nights)
- Giritale Hotel (3 nights)
- Mahaweli Reach Hotel (1 night)
- Heaven's Edge (1 night)
- Athgira River Camp (1 night)
- Coral Rock by Bansai (1 night)
- Aboard boat (3 nights)
- Aboard Boat (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Tuk Tuk
- Any international flights to Colombo and from Male are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Sri Lanka and Maldives Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 169 today.
- Earn US$ 112+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Sri Lanka and Maldives Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Sri Lanka and Maldives Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Sri Lanka and Maldives Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.