- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Explore ruins and archaeological sites with local experts.
- Take in a lecture on Ayurvedic medicine by a local practitioner.
- Search out leopards at Wilpattu National Park.
- Enjoy "high tea" at the historic Grand Hotel.
- Help a farming family prepare lunch with local ingredients and flavours
Sri Lanka was known by early Arab traders as “Serendib,” a name which gave rise to the English word “serendipity.” Set out on an adventure through this serendipitous Indian Ocean isle, exploring stunning palaces, ancient cities, and intricately decorated Buddhist temples. Take a stroll through fragrant spice gardens and lush tea plantations, tasting world-renowned Ceylon tea right at the source, and look out for elephants and leopards on safari in two celebrated national parks.
Day 1: Colombo
Day 2: Colombo/Nuwara Eliya
Day 3: Nuwara Eliya
Day 4: Nuwara Eliya/Digana
Day 5: Digana
Day 6: Elkaduwa/Dambulla
Day 7: Dambulla
Day 8: Dambulla/Anuradhapura
Day 9: Anuradhapura/Wattala
Day 10: Wattala
Day 11: Wattala
- Hotel/Resorts (10 nts).
10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD230-300 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, 4x4, walking
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Understanding Ayurveda
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Farm Visit and Local Lunch
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Wilpattu Safari and Conservation Talk
- Wilpattu National Park
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Colombo city tour
- Picnic and hike in Horton Plains National Park
- High tea at the Grand Hotel
- Evening tuk tuk tour of Nuwara Eliya village
- Kandy city tour and Ceylon tea plantation visit
- Temple of the Tooth guided tour
- Hiking excursion in Knuckles mountains range
- Visit a Matale spice garden
- Visit Nalanda Gedige Temple ruins
- Dambulla cave temple visit
- Tour the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Tour of Anuradhapura ruins and monasteries
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Colombo and from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 135 today.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 March 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 12 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.