- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore ruins and archaeological sites with local experts.
- Take in a lecture on elephant conservation.
- Search out leopards at Wilpattu National Park.
- Enjoy a taste of tea at its source.
Sri Lanka was known by early Arab traders as “Serendib,” a name which gave rise to the English word “serendipity.” Set out on an adventure through this serendipitous Indian Ocean isle, exploring stunning palaces, ancient cities, and intricately decorated Buddhist temples. Take a stroll through fragrant spice gardens and lush tea plantations, tasting world-renowned Ceylon tea right at the source, and look out for elephants and leopards on safari in two celebrated national parks.
Day 1: Colombo
Day 2: Colombo/Wilpattu National Park
Day 3: Wilpattu National Park/Anuradhapura
Day 4: ANURADHAPURA/HABARANA/DAMBULLA
Day 5: Dambulla
Day 6: Dambulla/Kandy
Day 7: Kandy
Day 8: Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
Day 9: NUWARA ELIYA/HORTON PLAINS NATIONAL PARK/UDAWALAWE NATIONAL PARK
Day 10: UDAWALAWE NATIONAL PARK
Day 11: Udawalawe/Negombo
Day 12: Negombo
- Hotel/lodges (9 nts), tented camp (2 nts).
11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD275-360 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, 4x4, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Wilpattu Safari and Conservation Talk, Wilpattu National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Agricultural Village Experience, Habarana
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: High Tea and Handicrafts, Kandy
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Elephant Rehabilitation Centre, Udawalawe
- Your G for Good Moment: Sthree Craft Shop and Café, Kandy
- Your Hands-On Moment: Visit a Coconut Plantation, Colombo
- Your Foodie Moment: Sri Lankan Cooking Demonstration, Udawalawe
- Arrival transfer
- Tour of Anuradhapura ruins
- Tour the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla cave temple visit
- Visit a Matale spice garden
- Tour the Temple of the Tooth
- Cultural show
- Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tour Nuwara Eliya area and a Ceylon tea plantation
- Hike in Horton Plains National Park
- Safari drive in Udawalawe National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Colombo and from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.