- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore ruins and archaeological sites with local experts.
- Take in a lecture on elephant conservation.
- Search out leopards at Wilpattu National Park.
- Enjoy a taste of tea at its source.
Soak in the enchantment of Sri Lanka on this unforgettable journey. Refresh your spirit at the unusual Golden Temple of Dambulla, stroll spice gardens and tea plantations, and ride through Wilpattu National Park in search of elephants and leopards. Come away with an understanding of why Arab traders called the island “Serendib”—a name that gave English speakers the word “serendipity.”
Day 1: Colombo
Day 2: Colombo/Wilpattu National Park
Day 3: Wilpattu National Park/Anuradhapura
Day 4: Anuradhapura/Dambulla
Day 5: Dambulla
Day 6: Dambulla/Kandy
Day 7: Kandy
Day 8: Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
Day 9: Nuwara Eliya/Udawalawe
Day 10: Udawalawe
Day 11: Udawalawe/Negombo
Day 12: Negombo
- Hotel/lodges (9 nts), tented camp (2 nts).
11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD275-360 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, 4x4, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Wilpattu Safari and Conservation Talk, Wilpattu National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Agricultural Village Experience, Habarana
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: High Tea and Handicrafts, Kandy
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Elephant Rehabilitation Centre, Udawalawe
- Your G for Good Moment: Sthree Craft Shop and Café, Kandy
- Your Hands-On Moment: Visit a Coconut Plantation, Colombo
- Your Foodie Moment: Sri Lankan Cooking Demonstration, Udawalawe
- Arrival transfer
- Tour of Anuradhapura ruins
- Tour the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla cave temple visit
- Visit a Matale spice garden
- Tour the Temple of the Tooth
- Cultural show
- Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tour Nuwara Eliya area and a Ceylon tea plantation
- Hike in Horton Plains National Park
- Safari drive in Udawalawe National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Colombo and from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 104 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 69 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 23 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Discover Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.