- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 40
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Colombo: Explore by TukTuk old Colombo town and cruise the city streets while watching the sun lower over the Indian ocean. See the city lights come alive for an evening of buzzing activity.
- Wilpattu National Park: Ascend deep into the lush, dense jungle on a jeep safari in search for Sri Lanka's big four. Keep your eyes peeled for leopards, elephants, sloth bears and an array of colourful birds.
- Anuradhapura: With your Travel Director you will visit the former capital of Sri Lanka, Anuradhapura. Admire the architectural wonders of this firstkingdom that ruled for a thousand years.
- Sigiriya: Visit this famous fortress set upon its prominent rocky outcrop.
Welcome to Sri Lanka. A verdant utopia for travellers looking for golden beaches, history, culture and delicious regional bites, you’ll be met with an array of exciting Insight Experiences. From taking a walking tour through the backstreets of Colombo with a Local Expert, to visiting Rahju’s Contemporary Art Gallery and a tea plantation, enjoy travelling with a group of like-minded individuals and a knowledgeable Travel Director, who will be on hand to guide you throughout your trip.
Day 1: Welcome to Sri Lanka
Day 2: Explore Colombo
Day 3: Welcome to the Jungle
Day 4: Jungle Safari
Day 5: Wilpattu to Sigiriya
Day 6: Exploring Sigiriya's Ancient Kingdom
Day 7: Colourful Caves and Rainforests
Day 8: Tea Country Hills
Day 9: Exploring Nuwara Eliya
Day 10: Goodbye Colombo
- Nuwara Eliya: Enjoy an evening cooking demonstration of Sri Lankan and South Indian cuisine with local chef, before dining on your creations.
- Nuwara Eliya: Join your Local Expert to visit a tea plantation and learn how this crop is produced. You'll even have the opportunity to experience the traditional technique of tea-leaf picking, before sampling some of the freshest tea possible.
- Nuwara Eliya: Your mouth-watering Celebration Dinner features the best of Sri Lankan cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner (D), 2 Dinner with Wine (DW), 2 Lunch (L)
- Kandy: Visit Rahju’s Contemporary Art Gallery, enjoy a private viewing of his magnificent paintings and discuss his unique perspectives on life over a cup of tea.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Colombo: Join your Travel Director and get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- Ritigala Jungle: Meet a practising Buddhist and embark on a guided walking tour through Ritigala jungle and hear tales of the forest dwelling monks, a monastic community, who once inhabited the monastic reserve, devoting their lives to living simply in the forest.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Sigirya: Choose between climbing Sigiriya Rock for magnificent views or alternatively, visit Sigiriya Water Gardens, some of the oldest landscaped gardens in the world.
- Any international flights to/from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classical Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 114+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classical Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 August 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classical Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classical Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.