- Wine tasting tour
- City sightseeing
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Museum and gallery visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Find out why people of Cologne are so proud of its city’s landmark, the mighty Cologne Cathedral.
- Explore Germany's answer to Tuscany during your stay in Rüdesheim am Rhein, a winemaking town.
- Explore the Rhine River on a morning boat tour to Koblenz.
- Discover the dark, slightly sinister canopy of evergreen hills, valleys and rivers in the mighty Schwarzwald, also known as Black Forest. Taste the treasures of the region; local ham, black forest cake and bread.
Oh Germany, what can't you do? A land of history, fairytales, cobblestones, perfume, bratwurst, wine and beer, this is a country to fall in love with. Take a whiff of Cologne and its incredible cathedral then sample the local wines in Rüdesheim. You'll have to drag yourself away though, because Freiburg and the Black Forest is waiting, a region that inspired Hansel and Gretel and countless legends. Finish in Munich, one of Europe's prettiest cities, and indulge in what many would consider the best beer (and food) in the world.
all in all a great tour.”
Rüdesheim am Rhein
Koblenz / Rüdesheim am Rhein
Black Forest / Freiburg
- Comfortable Hotel (8 nights)
- 8 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
- Train , Private vehicle , River boat , Cable car
- Cologne - Welcome Dinner
- Cologne - Cathedral Visit
- Rüdesheim - Wine Tasting
- Rüdesheim - Cable Car
- Rüdesheim - Niederwald Memorial
- Rhine River - Cruise to Koblenz
- Black Forest - Day Trip
- Black Forest - Cake & Coffee
- Munich - Traditional Bavarian Dinner
- Any international flights to Cologne and from Munich are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Germany tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Germany tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Germany tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Germany tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Most of the transportation on this trip is done by train. German trains are comfortable and often decked out with air-conditioning. Toilets are always available. Some of the trains have snack bars (or vending machines) and power points next to the seats but that cannot be guaranteed on every journey. Train travel is a fast way to traverse long distances, allowing you to avoid traffic jams and arrive right into the city centre of your next destintion. Please note that you will have to carry your own luggage on and off the train, and also up or down a few flights of stairs as some of the stations may not have lifts. Make sure your luggage doesn’t exceed our weight and size recommendations. You can find this information in the 'What to Take' section in the Essential Trip Information.
- Summer temperatures can be extreme in Summer in many of the regions visited (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Also, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions