- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Explore the old spice town of Cochin
- Experience warm hospitality in a village homestay
- Cruise the backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Relax on the sandy beaches of Varkala
Kerala is an excellent place to discover by bike; a true tropical paradise with an idyllic coastline, lush tranquil backwaters, colourful temples and old stone churches. It's not surprising that Kerala is often referred to as 'God's own country'. Offering a gentler experience than the often frenetic north, Kerala is great for a first time bike trip or your first visit to India. From the old spice port of Cochin to the laid-back beach town of Varkala, we gently cycle through beautiful landscapes, fascinating towns and colourful fishing villages, sampling superb south Indian cuisine along the way. A night in a village homestay provides a unique insight into the warm Keralan hospitality, and the backwaters of Kerala are cruised on a traditional houseboat before relaxing on the sweeping beaches of Varkala.
Explore Cochin by bike and foot.
Cycle to Muhamma, past old Portuguese villas and through fishing villages.
Continue riding along the coast to a backwater village in the region of
Optional morning bike ride to explore the village; board houseboat in the
Disembark houseboat; cliff-top ride to the laid-back beach town of Varkala.
Short morning ride to the surrounding coastal area; afternoon free to relax
and enjoy Varkala.
- 5 nights hotels, 1 night houseboat, 1 night homestay , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners included
- 6 days cycling, including 1 optional ride and a bike tour of Cochin, with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Mostly surfaced roads with a few rough sections
- Group normally 4 to 14, plus leader and driver. Min. age 16 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Cochin and from Varkala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 52 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 25 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.