- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience local life in Romanian villages and visit craftsmen
- Discover the beautiful landscapes of the Carpathian Mountains
- Medieval heritage; visit UNESCO sites of Sighisoara, Sibiu, Viscri
This tour starts in the vibrant city of Cluj Napoca (often referred to as Cluj) in Northen Romania. From here we head north to the Maramures region where century-old traditions are still part of daily life and wooden churches are scattered throughout the landscape. After exploring the north we start our journey down south discovering the fascinating towns and villages in Transylvania, including the UNESCO towns of Sighisoara, Sibiu, Viscri. The tour ends in Romania's capital city, Bucharest. During this trip, you will be immersed in Romanian life, experience traditional food and meet local craftsmen.
*Start Cluj Napoca.*
*Travel north to the Maramures region.*
*Visit the ancient capital of Maramures and Barsana Monastery.*
*Visit the medieval town of Sighisoara.*
*Discover Transylvania; overnight in Sibiu.*
*Drive to Viscri via Sambata de Sus monastery.*
*Walk through Viscri; Continue to Brasov.*
*Explore Dracula’s castle; continue to Rasnov.*
*Arrive in Bucharest stopping at Peles Castle en route. *
- 4 nights hotel, 5 nights guesthouses , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 4 picnic lunches and 5 dinners
- 10 days land only/flight inclusive
- Travel by air-conditioned bus/minibus
- All transport
- (if booking flight inclusive)
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Cluj Napoca and from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Romania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 73+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Romania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 210 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 03 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Romania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Romania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.