- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience local life in Romanian villages and visit craftsmenDiscover the beautiful landscapes of the Carpathian MountainsMedieval heritage; visit UNESCO sites of Sighisoara, Sibiu, Viscri
This tour starts in the vibrant city of Cluj Napoca in Northern Romania. Head north to the Maramures region where century-old traditions are still part of daily life and wooden churches are scattered throughout the landscape. After exploring the North we start our journey down South discovering the fascinating towns and villages in Transylvania, including the UNESCO towns of Sighisoara, Sibiu, Viscri. The tour ends in Romania's capital city, Bucharest. During this trip, you will be immersed in Romanian life, experience traditional food, and meet local craftsmen.
Day 1: Start Cluj Napoca.
Day 2: Travel north to the Maramures region.
Day 3: Visit the ancient capital of Maramures and Barsana Monastery.
Day 4: Visit the medieval town of Sighisoara.
Day 5: Discover Transylvania; overnight in Sibiu.
Day 6: Drive to Viscri via Sambata de Sus monastery.
Day 7: Walk through Viscri; Continue to Brasov.
Day 8: Explore Dracula’s castle; continue to Rasnov.
Day 9: Arrive in Bucharest stopping at Peles Castle en route.
Day 10: Ends Bucharest.
- All breakfasts and 4 picnic lunches and 5 dinners All accommodation All transport
- Tour leader throughout (if booking flight inclusive)
- Any international flights to Cluj-napoca and from Bucharest are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Romania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Romania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Romania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Romania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.