- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 14-79 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-8039
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Summit to Island peak at an elevation of 6187 meters
- Explore the rich Sherpa culture, traditions and lifestyle
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall and Makalu Himalayan Range
- Can combine with EBC- Gokyo Or other famous Three Passes Trek
At Chhuking (4750m), a short walk leads to a small settlement where we rest for the day and make preparations for the climb. The next day we head on to Island Peak Base Camp, which requires a steep climb followed by a comfortable walk through the river basin.
We climb further to the High Camp at an elevation of 5600 meters where we rest inside the tent and prepare for the early morning climb the next day. Through rock formations and glacial regions, we ascend to the top, taking the support of ropes at some places.
After enjoying the splendid view from the top, we descend all the way to Chhukung, where we rest after the strenuous journey. An extra day has been added to the trip as a contingency to bad weather or physical ailments.
Enjoy the Island Peak from Chhukung to Chhukung Bookmundi.
Day 1: Chhukung (4,750 m)
Day 2: Trek from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5,200 m)
Day 3: Base Camp - Summit - Base Camp - Chhukung
- Kitchen Equipment, Trekking tents, Dining tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, Table and chairs, Mattresses during the trekking & Peak climbing period
- Climbing Rope, Ice screws, Snow bars
- Staffs including professional climbing guide
- Personal insurance for Nepalese staffs.
- Equipment Fees for climbing guide
- Climbing peak permit/s & other necessary fees
- Garbage deposit
- Airfare for climber guide
- Personal climbing Gear per person such as Crampons, Harness, Ice Axe, Screwgate, Karabiners
- Pre trip meeting
- Climbing Boots Hire
- KTM - LUKLA FLIGHT BOTH WAY
- Personal travel insurance which cover climbing as well
- Climbing boots ( Can hire in Kathmandu or In Chhukung )
- Personal expenses
- Bar bills & beverage
- Tipping (tips) for staffs
- Save US$ 48 today.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationThis is the trip we organize based on Chhuking ( Climbing starting point ). We can book the lukla flight and can arrange the trekking part upon request.
- What is the required budget for a trip to Nepal?
How much will a trip to Nepal cost?
How much you spend in Nepal is largely decided by things you want to do in the country. A 5-day trekking trip in Nepal can start from as little at USD 400 per person. A weekend-long safari in Chitwan National Park is available at less than USD 200.
On average, seven days in Nepal with accommodation and some or all meals included costs anywhere between USD 700 to USD 1500 per person. Good rooms at hotels in Nepal range from USD 25 to over USD 150 per person, per night, while around USD 1.5 a day can buy you three meals in decent restaurants.
- I need personal climbing equipment. Can I rent it from the tour operator?
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
When is the best time to summit Island Peak?
The ideal time for climbing Island Peak is around April to May and October through November. The winter and the monsoon months will likely have fewer crowds but wet weather and snow and cold may make the climb more challenging. Some tours do not ever offer climbing in these months. Your guide will have enough knowledge about the weather and geography to advise the exact right time while you are on tour as well.