- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Summit to Island peak at an elevation of 6187 meters
- Explore the rich Sherpa culture, traditions and lifestyle
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall and Makalu Himalayan Range
- Can combine with EBC Gokyo Or other famous Three Passes Trek
At Chhuking (4750m), a short walk leads to a small settlement where we rest for the day and make preparations for the climb. The next day we head on to Island Peak Base Camp, which requires a steep climb followed by a comfortable walk through the river basin.
We climb further to the High Camp at an elevation of 5600 meters where we rest inside the tent and prepare for the early morning climb the next day. Through rock formations and glacial regions, we ascend to the top, taking the support of ropes at some places.
After enjoying the splendid view from the top, we descend all the way to Chhukung, where we rest after the strenuous journey. An extra day has been added to the trip as a contingency to bad weather or physical ailments.
Day 1: Chhukung (4,750 m)
Day 2: Trek from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5,200 m)
Day 3: Base Camp - Summit - Base Camp - Chhukung
- Two Nights Guest House in Chhukung With Dinner
- Kitchen Equipment, Trekking tents, Dining tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, Table and chairs, Mattresses during the trekking & Peak climbing period
- Climbing Rope, Ice screws, Snow bars
- Staffs including professional climbing guide
- Personal insurance for Nepalese staffs.
- Equipment Fees for climbing guide
- Climbing peak permit/s & other necessary fees
- Garbage deposit (USD 250)
- Airfare for climber guide
- Personal climbing Gear per person such as Crampons, Harness, Ice Axe, Screwgate, Karabiners
- Pre trip meeting
- Personal travel insurance which cover climbing as well
- Climbing boots ( Can hire in Kathmandu as well )
- Personal expenses
- Bar bills & beverage
- Tipping (tips) for staffs
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationThis is the trip we organize based on Chhuking ( Climbing starting point ). We can book the lukla flight and can arrange the trekking part upon request.
- I need personal climbing equipment. Can I rent it from the tour operator?
When is the best time to summit Island Peak?
The ideal time for climbing Island Peak is around April to May and October through November. The winter and the monsoon months will likely have fewer crowds but wet weather and snow and cold may make the climb more challenging. Some tours do not ever offer climbing in these months. Your guide will have enough knowledge about the weather and geography to advise the exact right time while you are on tour as well.