- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Summit the 6,189m high Island Peak, known among the locals as Imja Tse
- Enjoy trekking in the world famous Everest region
- See majestic views of the Himalayas
Known among the locals as Imja Tse, this peak got its English name because it looks like an island adrift on a sea of ice from afar. Although physically demanding, summiting Island Peak is not as technically challenging as people assume, making it an ideal summit for budding mountaineers. Meet your team members in Chhukung on the first day of the adventure and get all the necessary details.
Head for Island Peak Base Camp on the second day of the trip. You will have plenty of time to train using your ice axe and ropes as well as walking on the surface of a glacier at the base camp. Spend your night there and start your journey to the top early in the morning on Day 3.
Enjoy stunning views of Nuptse, Lhotse, Makalu, Ama Dablam and Baruntse mountains from the summit before heading down. This itinerary also comes with a reserve day just in case the weather does not favour us. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Thank you very much firstly for choosing us and writing this great review for us. We appreciate it a lot and willing to serve you again in near future.
Nepal Climbing Team”
We thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate it a lot and willing to serve you again in future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Thank you very much firstly for trusting our services and writing this great recommendation for us. It gives us immense happiness to read such reviews, know that our clients found us very professional and had a great time in Nepal. We appreciate it a lot.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Day 1: Arrive in Chhukung
Day 2: Chhukung - Island Peak Base Camp
Day 3: Summit Island Peak & back to Chhukung
Day 4: Reserve day
- Accommodation in a guesthouse and camps as per the itinerary
- Meals as per the itinerary
- One high-altitude climbing leader (a Sherpa guide) licensed by the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) for the summit attempt
- Group climbing equipment such as ropes, ice axe, ice screws, snow bars, and carbine. A satellite phone (for emergency contact)
- A first aid medical kit & an oxymeter. We will help you with rescue and evacuation arrangements in case of an emergency
- Island Peak climbing permits
- All taxes
- Nepal visa fees (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days)
- International flight tickets. Domestic flight: Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu
- Travel/medical insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary
- Personal climbing gear (crampons, climbing boots & mountaineering outfits)
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary or in the 'What's Included' section
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Tips for your guide and porter
- Earn US$ 28+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
- I need personal climbing equipment. Can I rent it from the tour operator?
When is the best time to summit Island Peak?
The ideal time for climbing Island Peak is around April to May and October through November. The winter and the monsoon months will likely have fewer crowds but wet weather and snow and cold may make the climb more challenging. Some tours do not ever offer climbing in these months. Your guide will have enough knowledge about the weather and geography to advise the exact right time while you are on tour as well.