- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Marvel at the Southern Alps from a remote backcountry hut in Arthur's Pass
- Hike up to Sealy tarns and Mueller Hut to see New Zealand’s highest peak Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Cruise into the majestic Milford Sound by boat or kayak option
- Experience real backcountry New Zealand with wild camping and hutting
An exploration of the South Island's natural highlights and secrets. Begin your adventure with a hike into the alpine Edwards Valley to a remote Southern Alps backcountry hut for a night, as prelude to a journey into Te Wahipounamu (“the place of greenstone”) - South West New Zealand World Heritage Area, one of the great natural areas of the world. Explore the hiking trails beneath hanging glaciers in the majestic Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, before heading south to Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks to hike among the untouched beauty of soaring peaks, ice carved fiords, lakes and valleys, and camp for a second backcountry overnight. The World Heritage Adventure includes optional extras such as glacier heli-hiking at Aoraki/Mount Cook and sea kayaking in Milford Sound, making this the ideal tour for the intrepid. This Ultimate World Heritage Adventure is day 6 to 15 of the Ultimate South Island Adventure.
Day 1 : Christchurch to Arthur's Pass
Day 2 : Arthur's Pass National Park
Day 3 : Arthur's Pass to Mount Somers
Day 4 : Mount Somers to Aoraki/Mount Cook
Day 5 : Aoraki/Mount Cook to Lake Hawea
Day 6 : Lake Hawea to Mount Aspiring National Park
Day 7 : Mount Aspiring National Park to Fiordland
Day 8 : Milford Sound
Day 9 : Fiordland to Queenstown
Day 10 : Tour concludes in Queenstown
- 9 nights accommodation: 4 nights camping, 1 night lodge, 3 nights cabin, 1 night backcountry hut
- 8 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 7 dinners
- Professional qualified driver/guide
- Private vehicle transport
- Cruise on the Milford Sound
- Inflatable sleeping mat
- Backpack liner (large plastic bag)
- Cooking equipment, plates & cutlery
- Snacks while hiking such as chocolate, nuts, raisins, biscuits
- First aid kit, safety equipment, maps
- Access and concession fees paid to the Department of Conservation
- New Zealand Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- International or domestic flights and taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (eg. phone calls, internet, laundry, shopping etc)
- Optional activities (eg Milford Sound Kayaking NZ$125, Mt Cook heli-hike NZ$619)
- Sleeping bag, backpack, thermal top and long-johns, rain jacket, fleece jacket, gaiters and walking poles - all can be hired if needed. Speak to our sales team pre tour
- Travel insurance
- Visa (if required)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 95 today.
- Save US$ 63+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate World Heritage Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 327 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 23 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ultimate World Heritage Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate World Heritage Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.