- Helicopter tour
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The Longest Runs and Miles of Untracked Snow
- All the Good Stuff Included
- Unparalleled Skiing in Exhilarating Destinations
Here it is: your chance to live the dream you’ve always held on to: a heli-skiing or heli-snowboarding adventure holiday across New Zealand’s South Island! We’ll take you to all the sweet spots! Our seven-day Heli tour gives you access to vast areas of backcountry terrain with the superior snow conditions that only higher elevations provide.
We’ve packaged up three days of Heli, one day of field snow, and one day of backcountry riding which makes for the ultimate heli skiing NZ experience.
First tracks and quality powder turns without the queues are a definite reality on this tour. On the three heli days we’ll get you up to the high alpine terrain heli skiing Wanaka, Arrowsmiths, and Mt Cook. We’ll be landing above the ‘freezing line’, so the snow will be amazing!
With over 200 named heli runs across the three mountain ranges, there’s plenty of terrain to suit your skiing/boarding ability. For example, the area we’ll explore heli skiing Wanaka alone offers over 8,500 square metres of terrain spreading across 11 different mountain ranges – that’s over 3000 times the size of Coronet Peak!
We’ll stay in 3+ star accommodation at various South Island locations, and you’ll have time to soak in the local hot tubs, dine out, eat in, or just relax with a wine or craft beer reflecting on the moments of awesomeness you’ve experienced on tour.
Running between July and September, this heli tour starts in Christchurch and ends in the scenic and adventure capital of the South Island: Queenstown. On your last day, you can choose to enjoy another day of heli skiing in Queenstown, or take on back-to-back runs with a day up Remarkables or Coronet Peak, or, perhaps, tick off a non-snow activity from your bucket list.
We’ve got everything organised: your transport and transfers to the mountains, your accommodation, cooked breakfasts, two dinners, three lunches. If you want to add on any extras like equipment hire or accommodation upgrades, that’s easy! Just click the add-on options when you book the tour and we’ll sort it!
Day 1 Christchurch to Methven | Arrowsmith/Ragged Ranges/Palmer Ranges
Day 2 Methven to Mount Cook | Mount Hutt
Day 3 Mt Cook
Day 4 Mt Cook to Wanaka | Ohau
Day 5 Wanaka
Day 6 Wanaka to Queenstown | Treble Cone
Day 7 Queenstown
- 6 x nights 3+ star accommodation (standard twin share – single upgrade available on booking)
- 7 x cooked breakfasts
- 4 x lunches
- 2 x dinners at Mt Cook
- All transport, mountain and heli transfers
- Expert Tour Guide
- 1 day of guided backcountry skiing / boarding at Treble Cone, Wanaka
- A world class 7 day tour of the South Island’s best heli riding and skiing: Methven, Mt Cook, Wanaka and Queenstown
- 3 x full days heli-skiing
- 1 day at Mt Hutt with a heli upgrade option
- Small personal group – max size 8
- Any international flights to Christchurch and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ultimate Heli Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 162+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate Heli Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ultimate Heli Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate Heli Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.