- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- TranzAlpine train journey
- Franz Josef Glacier Valley Guided Walk
- Haast River Safari
- Milford Track ½ day guided walk
Uncover unique locations, secret trails, striking landscapes, natural treasures and roads less travelled on this true exploration of New Zealand's South Island. Discover New Zealand on this Inspiring Journey through the natural treasures of the South Island. From the still waters of Milford Sound and snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps to the rolling hills of Central Otago, delve into the beauty of landscapes that have remained unchanged for millennia.
Day 1: Welcome to Christchurch
Day 2: Christchurch Franz Josef
Day 3: Franz Josef Relaxed Start
Day 4: Franz Josef - Queenstown
Day 5: Queenstown Day at Leisure
Day 6: Queenstown Day at Leisure
Day 7: Queenstown Milford Sound
Day 8: Milford Track Walk & Milford Sound Cruise
Day 9: Milford Sound - Dunedin
Day 10: Dunedin (Relaxed Start)
Day 11: Dunedin - Christchurch
Day 12: Farewell from Christchurch
- Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destination
- Most meals, including Local Dining Experiences. See Dining tab below
- Travel by bespoke vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioning
- Airport transfers (see Flight Information below)
- Expert Driver Guide escorts
- Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey
- A maximum of 22 guests to share your journey
- Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack
- Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities
- Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish
- All entrance and National Park fees
- Any international flights to/from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Southern Drift tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 247+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Southern Drift tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 November 2021, a deposit of 150 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Southern Drift tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Southern Drift tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.