- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Christchurch: Journey on the iconic TranzAlpine Train.
- West Coast: Visit the coastal town of Hokitika, find out about its local history and meet a local jade carver.
- Franz Josef Glacier: Experience the impressiveness of this mighty natural wonder.
- Haast River: Enjoy a fully enclosed jet boat ride down the Haast River.
No stone is left unturned as you venture into parts of the South Island less travelled. Travel to Milford Sound, where you will fall asleep under a blanket of mist and shadows on the still waters of the fiord. Enjoy travelling with no more than 20 like-minded guests.
Day 1: Welcome to Christchurch.
Day 2: Christchurch to Franz Josef.
Day 3: The Mighty Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 4: Romantic Arrowtown and on to Queenstown.
Day 5: Queenstown Your Way.
Day 6: Queenstown at leisure.
Day 7: Queenstown to Milford Sound.
Day 8: Milford Track Walk and Milford Sound Cruise.
Day 9: Milford Sound to Dunedin.
Day 10: Brewery Tour and Dunedin at leisure.
Day 11: Dunedin to Christchurch.
Day 12: Farewell from Christchurch.
- Dunedin: Set in an old post office, this dinner is at Parcels Restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Queenstown: Experience a first-class dining experience in one of Queenstown’s most popular and exclusive restaurants.
- Any international flights to/from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Southern Drift tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 209+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Southern Drift tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 May 2021, a deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Southern Drift tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Southern Drift tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.