- Bungee and swing jumping
- Active and outdoor
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoying a worldfamous train trip (Included)
- Stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve (Included)
- Create your own greenstone souvenir (Included)
If you only have a short time to explore the largest island of New Zealand, this is the tour for you! Prepare for seven days of spectacular scenery and lots of opportunity for adventure with this New Zealand South Island holiday package. Turquoise lakes, majestic glaciers, dramatic mountain peaks, golden tussock lands and the picture-perfect towns of Queenstown, Wanaka and Franz Josef are all on our week-long road trip!
This small-group guided tour of the South Island will visit Christchurch, Wanaka, Queenstown, Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), Franz Josef Glacier, and back across to Christchurch via Arthur’s Pass onboard the world-famous TranzAlpine train. You’ll have the option to visit Milford Sound, and we’ll stop at many other scenic spots along this South Island itinerary.
There’s a range of optional add-on activities: from adrenaline-pumping bucket-list items like bungee jumping, jet boating, and sky-diving to more gentle activities like heli-hiking (okay for all abilities), quad biking, kayaking, scenic flights and hiking. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.
Accommodation is included on the last night of your New Zealand South Island tour, but we can also book a few extra nights for you if you would like to extend your stay.
**South Island Lick Tour Tips:**
- Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Christchurch with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
- The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online
Day 1 Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
Day 2 MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
Day 3 Queenstown
Day 4 Queenstown to Wanaka
Day 5 Wanaka to Franz Josef
Day 6 Franz Josef
Day 7 Franz Josef to Christchurch
- High-end hostel accommodation
- 7 nights in high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard)
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Comfortable bus transport
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Discover NZ's most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Areas
- Journey through National Parks
- Cross the stunning Southern Alps on the TranzAlpine train
- Explore downtown Christchurch and see its inspiring regeneration since the 2011 quake
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo
- Unparalleled stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown
- Carve your own pounamu (greenstone/jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Discover the beauty and history of pounamu in Hokitika, the greenstone capital of the country
- Any international flights to/from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Island Lick Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Island Lick Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Island Lick Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Island Lick Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.