- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a ride on the scenic TranzAlpine Train
- View the breathtaking Franz Josef Glacier
- Take a magical overnight cruise in Doubtful Sound
- Discover Queenstown's hidden gems
Explore New Zealand on this 9-day adventure with the perfect mix of sport and scenery passing through all the essential South Island highlights.
Day 1: Christchurch-Franz Josef, New Zealand (Day 1: Christchurch-Franz Josef, New Zealand)
Day 2: Franz Josef, New Zealand (Day 2: Franz Josef, New Zealand)
Day 3: Franz Josef-Makarora, New Zealand (Day 3: Franz Josef-Makarora, New Zealand)
Day 4: Makarora-Doubtful Sound, New Zealand (Day 4: Makarora-Doubtful Sound, New Zealand)
Day 5: Doubtful Sound-Queenstown, New Zealand (Day 5: Doubtful Sound-Queenstown, New Zealand)
Day 6: Queenstown, New Zealand (Day 6: Queenstown, New Zealand)
Day 7: Queenstown, New Zealand (Day 7: Queenstown, New Zealand)
Day 8: Queenstown-Mt Cook, New Zealand (Day 8: Queenstown-Mt Cook, New Zealand)
Day 9: Mt Cook-Christchurch, New Zealand (Day 9: Mt Cook-Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Mixed accommodation
- 2 nights in hostel
- 1 night in mountain chalet
- 1 night in cruise dorm
- 4 nights in lodge
- 8 Breakfast(s)
- 4 Dinner(s)
- Train, mini-coach transport, drop-off
- Christchurch accommodation drop-off
- Train Christchurch-Greymouth
- Mini-coach transportation on tour
- Active, multi-sport activities
- TranzAlpine train journey
- Lake Matheson & Blue Pools walk
- Mt Aspiring National Park walk
- Jet boat ride in Makarora
- Doubtful Sound overnight cruise
- Sea kayaking in Doubtful Sound
- Mountain biking in Wanaka
- Hooker Valley Track walk
- Explore Lake Tekapo area
- Professional tour guide
- Airport transfers
- Christchurch accommodation
- Optional activities
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 100 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 67 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 571 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 12 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Island Group Adventure 9D/8N (October to March) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Island Group Adventure 9D/8N (October to March) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
Suggested Packing List:
Sturdy walking shoes/boots, bathers/towel, hat & sunscreen, motion sickness tablets, water bottle, towel, toiletries, warm clothing, waterproof jacket, insect repellent, camera.
Each passenger is allowed up to 15kg in a single bag, plus a small day pack.
Departs on Thursdays 26 Sep - 07 May/ Group Size: Max. 24 People / Min. Age 8 years old
Please note Itinerary is subject to change due to cultural or seasonal conditions