- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy full and half day hikes amidst some of NZ's best scenery
- Marvel in the magnificent scenery of the Marlborough Sounds and the Queen Charlotte Sound
- Relax in the comfort and hospitality of your own private eco lodge
- Sail the beautiful coastal waters of the Abel Tasman National Park after the hike to Torrent Bay
An exciting blend of remote and iconic walks on the upper South Island. Sample the finest walks in the upper South Island, including the best sections of the Queen Charlotte and Abel Tasman Tracks on this outstanding itinerary. This fully lodge based accommodated walk completes a circuit of the northern South Island, beginning with the stunning Kaikoura Peninsula Walk before taking in the spectacular scenery of the Marlborough Sounds from the Queen Charlotte Track. You'll also nestle into the tranquillity of a remote eco lodge, weave your way through small bays and beautiful bushland along the Abel Tasman Walkway as well as retrace your steps along this magical trail from the decks of a yacht. The amazing scenery isn't finished yet as you divert inland from the coastal trails to Nelson Lakes to complete a circular track that provides wonderful views of craggy mountains and beech forests. Return to Christchurch via Hanmer Springs for a well deserved soak in its therapeutic hot pools.
Day 1 : Christchurch to Picton
Day 2 : Picton - Queen Charlotte track - Picton
Day 3 : Picton to Eco Lodge
Day 4 : Eco Lodge to Motueka
Day 5 : Motueka - Abel Tasman track - Motueka
Day 6 : Motueka to St Arnaud
Day 7 : St Arnaud to Christchurch
- 5 nights hotel/motel ensuite accommodation on a twin share basis
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Professional qualified driver/guide
- Private vehicle transport
- Packs and poles (on request if required) - please let our staff know in advance
- 1 night in an eco lodge (shared facilities)
- Water taxi access to Queen Charlotte walkway
- Sailing boat on Abel Tasman trek
- Water and snacks while trekking
- Concession fees paid to the Department of Conservation
- New Zealand Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- International or domestic flights and taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- All beverages, other than breakfast
- Water bottle (help us save the environment and bring your own drink bottle or hydration system)
- Optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (eg. phone calls, internet, laundry, shopping etc.)
- Travel insurance
- Visa (if required)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 87+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Queen Charlotte and Abel Tasman Hike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Queen Charlotte and Abel Tasman Hike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Queen Charlotte and Abel Tasman Hike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.