- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This trip is for those who want their breath to be taken away by more than the jawdropping views: helibike, jetboat and bungeejump your way through New Zealand’s North and South Island.
- Abel Tasman National Park was crafted by mother nature for the adventurous at heart, capture its pristine beauty by kayak, or hike one of the many famous trails.
- Hold on tight for a wild ride along the Whanganui River on a jetboat experience that feels like a rollercoaster on water. Then swap the boat for a bike and cruise through nature on twowheels.
- Hike into the depths of a fairytalelike forest and reward your efforts with a pancake lunch, cooked on the world’s eternal barbecue at Natural Flames.
Lace up your hiking boots, pack your sense of adventure and prepare to gain an adrenaline-pumping perspective of New Zealand. This is a trip for people who know their limits – then wave goodbye to them as they bungy jump head-first into the Waikato River, it’s for people who want to admire New Zealand’s unbeatable scenery – then swing into it on Taupo’s ‘Cliffhanger’, and it’s for people who can’t just witness cascading rapids – they have to jet-boat through them at a speed that exceeds their heartbeat. If you want to reach mountain bike trails by helicopter, check out Maori cliff carvings by kayak and feel the need to take control of your own adventure (by handing it over to an elastic cord) – then this trip was designed with you in mind.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
- 3 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- Private Vehicle
- Any international flights to Christchurch and from Auckland are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Active Adventure (ex Christchurch) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 97+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Active Adventure (ex Christchurch) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 01 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Active Adventure (ex Christchurch) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Active Adventure (ex Christchurch) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an active trip packed with activities such as hiking, jet boating, mountain biking and kayaking either included or as an optional extra. To fully enjoy it, you'll need to be in a good state of health and fitness. To participate in the water-based experiences, you'll need to be a confident swimmer and are happy to get wet. So, while this trip doesn't require a super high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to partake in all activities.
- The diversity of the seasons here makes for incredible scenery, but the weather in this region can be unpredictable. It’s best to wear layers at all times of the year in case conditions change during the day. At night the temperature can really drop, so bring your warm clothes.
- Lots of time allocated for optional activities means freedom and flexibility, but it does require a level of independence. Only are few meals are included, so mostly you'll find your own (with plenty of suggestions from your leader of course) – a great way to mingle with locals and discover unexpected delights!
- While most of the accommodation on this trip is tourist class, there will be some simple accommodation when it makes sense. What some may lack in comfort definitely makes up for in location and proximity to activities. Please note that on some nights during this trip, there will be shared facilities at your accommodation.