- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Visit Hokitika
- Visit Lake Matheson
- Stay in the scenic Franz Josef region
- Scenic cruise on Milford Sound (including lunch)
- Mountain biking excursion in Arrowtown
- Orientation walk of Christchurch with Trip Leader
- Show more
Iconic sights and in-depth adventures with a local Trip Leader. Take one week of pure unadulterated Kiwi adventures and turn them into a trip of a lifetime. From the adrenalin-pumping capital of Queenstown to the jaw-dropping scenery of Franz Josef, Milford Sound and Mackenzie Region, this is your chance to see all this great southern island has to offer – with a bunch of mates just as stoked to be here as you are. It’s time to dive in: you ready?
Day 1 : Christchurch, New Zealand
Day 2 : Christchurch to Franz Josef Glacier region, via Hokitika
Day 3 : Franz Josef Glacier region to Queenstown
Day 4 : Queenstown
Day 5 : Queenstown including Milford Sound
Day 6 : Queenstown
Day 7 : Queenstown to Lake Ohau, via Arrowtown
Day 8 : Lake Ohau to Christchurch, via Lake Tekapo
- 5 nights in hotel-style accommodation (twin
- double or triple)
- 2 nights in a lodge (quad-share). Please note: on nights 1
- 2 and 7 (Christchurch
- Franz Josef and Lake Ohau) you may stay in larger rooms (up to quad-share) with travellers of the same gender. Mixed-sex couples travelling together may be separated on these nights.
- 7 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 3 Dinners
- Air-conditioned minicoach
- Trip Leader throughout the tour
- FYI: these are optional activities available locally. Things might change – prices are here to give you a rough idea.
- Glacier Heli
- hike excursion in Franz Josef Glacier region: from $485
- Scenic flight over Franz Josef: from $280
- Jet boating in Queenstown: from $129
- Canyon swinging in Queenstown: from $199
- Bungy jumping in Queenstown: from $205
- Skydiving in Queenstown: from $299
- Funyaking in Queenstown: from $299
- Wilderness Jet adventure in Queenstown: from $209
- Whitewater rafting down the Shotover River: from $199
- Any international flights to/from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delve Deep: New Zealand South Island tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 76 today.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delve Deep: New Zealand South Island tour. You can cancel the tour up to 64 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 63 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 July 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 63 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delve Deep: New Zealand South Island tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delve Deep: New Zealand South Island tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- The crew in this tours are trained in COVID-specific hygiene standards and equipped with the skills required to keep every traveller safe.
- Coaches are immaculately cleaned before each trip starts and regularly throughout.
- This trip requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 atleast 14 days before departure, unless you are medically exempt from having the vaccine.