- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit two of Europe's least known countries
- Milestii Mici Winery the world's largest wine cellar
- Visit 'independent' Transnistria
- Historic Odessa and Lviv
With just over 120000 visitors a year, Moldova is one of the least-visited countries in the world. Sandwiched between Ukraine and Romania is has often been caught in the middle of an East/West game of tug of war. The capital Chisinau has struggled to shrug off its Soviet past, but this is part of its charm, while the countryside offers historic monasteries and one of the world’s largest wineries. Not to mention ‘independent’ Transnistria, where citizens cling onto their Soviet past and monuments to reflect this. Western Ukraine, by contrast, has always looked to Europe. Lviv, the country's cultural capital, certainly feels more European than Soviet, with its historic UNESCO listed old town and charming cafe culture. While its mighty capital Kyiv is just starting to emerge as a modern European hotspot of culture and nightlife. On this varied and fascinating journey we visit some great cities and we conclude with an optional trip to Chernobyl.
Walking tour of Chisinau. Visit Ohrei Monastery.
Full day excursion to Transnistria; transfer to Odessa.
Full day in Odessa; morning city tour.*
Arrive Lviv, guided walking tour.
Transfer to Kyiv by train, free time in the early evening to enjoy this
beautiful capital city.
Morning tour of Kyiv, with the afternonn free to enjoy the city at your
End Kyiv / Optional day tour to Chernobyl.
- 6 nights comfortable and standard hotels, 1 night sleeper train , All accommodation including sleeper train
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Transfer for group flights
- Sightseeing on foot
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Travel by private bus and sleeper train
- Any international flights to Chisinau and from Kyiv are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 58+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 165 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.