- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit two of Europe's least known countries
- Milestii Mici Winery the world's largest wine cellar
- Visit 'independent' Transnistria
- Historic Odessa and Lviv
With just over 120000 visitors a year, Moldova is one of the least-visited countries in the world. Sandwiched between Ukraine and Romania is has often been caught in the middle of an East/West game of tug of war. The capital Chisinau has struggled to shrug off its Soviet past, but this is part of its charm, while the countryside offers historic monasteries and one of the world’s largest wineries. Not to mention ‘independent’ Transnistria, where citizens cling onto their Soviet past and monuments to reflect this. Western Ukraine, by contrast, has always looked to Europe. Lviv, the country's cultural capital, certainly feels more European than Soviet, with its historic UNESCO listed old town and charming cafe culture. While its mighty capital Kyiv is just starting to emerge as a modern European hotspot of culture and nightlife. On this varied and fascinating journey we visit some great cities and we conclude with an optional trip to Chernobyl.
Day 1: Start Chisinau.
Day 2: Walking tour of Chisinau. Visit Ohrei Monastery.
Day 3: Full day excursion to Transnistria; transfer to Odessa.
Day 4: Full day in Odessa; morning city tour.*
Day 5: Arrive Lviv, guided walking tour.
Day 6: Transfer to Kyiv by train, free time in the early evening to enjoy this
beautiful capital city.
Day 7: Morning tour of Kyiv, with the afternonn free to enjoy the city at your
Day 8: End Kyiv / Optional day tour to Chernobyl.
- 6 nights comfortable and standard hotels, 1 night sleeper train , All accommodation including sleeper train
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Transfer for group flights
- Sightseeing on foot
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Travel by private bus and sleeper train
- Any international flights to/from Chisinau are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 165 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 22 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.