- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit two of Europe's least known countries
- Milestii Mici Winery the world's largest wine cellar
- Visit 'independent' Transnistria
- Historic Odessa and Lviv
With just over 120000 visitors a year, Moldova is one of the least-visited countries in the world. Sandwiched between Ukraine and Romania it has often been caught in the middle of an East/West game of tug-of-war. The capital Chisinau has struggled to shrug off its Soviet past, but this is part of its charm, while the countryside offers historic monasteries and one of the world’s largest wineries. Not to mention ‘independent’ Transnistria, where citizens cling onto their Soviet past and monuments to reflect this. Western Ukraine, by contrast, has always looked to Europe. Lviv, the country's cultural capital, certainly feels more European than Soviet, with its historic UNESCO listed old town and charming café culture. While its mighty capital Kyiv is just starting to emerge as a modern European hotspot of culture and nightlife. On this varied and fascinating journey we aim to capture the various flavours of these emerging destinations, and conclude with an optional trip to Chernobyl.
Day 1: Start Chisinau.
Day 2: Walking tour of Chisinau. Visit Ohrei Monastery.
Day 3: Full day excursion to Transnistria; transfer to Odessa.
Day 4: Full day in Odessa; morning city tour.*
Day 5: Arrive Lviv, guided walking tour.
Day 6: Transfer to Kyiv by train, free time in the early evening to enjoy this
beautiful capital city.
Day 7: Morning tour of Kyiv, with the afternonn free to enjoy the city at your
Day 8: End Kyiv / Optional day tour to Chernobyl.
- 6 nights comfortable and standard hotels, 1 night sleeper train , All accommodation including sleeper train
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Transfer for group flights
- Sightseeing on foot
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Travel by private bus and sleeper train
- Any international flights to Chisinau and from Kyiv are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Europe's Frontier: Moldova & Ukraine tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.