- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the traditional villages and Karen tribes of Northern Thailand
- Explore lush jungles and unspoilt forests
- Trek through some of Thailand's most remote natural areas
- Hike to Doi Pui The highest summit in Mae Hong Son
This trek offers travellers an unparalleled insight into the rich biodiversity, cultures and customs of Thailand's northern hinterlands. Join us on this remarkable adventure exploring the pristine forests of Thailand's northern hinterlands near the border with Myanmar. Reviving an ancient trade route, the program offers travellers an unparalleled insight into the region's rich biodiversity, cultures and customs. Our journey starts from Khun Khan National Park with its lush jungles and unspoilt forests along the little known Old Elephant Trail. This trek offers travellers an unparalleled insight into the rich biodiversity, cultures and customs of Thailand's northern hinterlands but with the construction of a road in the 1950s, the trail was abandoned. After years of solitude, the trail is now the perfect route for adventurers and nature enthusiasts alike. Traversing over ridgelines and through forest covered hills and mist-enveloped mountains, travellers will trek through some of Thailand's most remote natural areas and be rewarded with sweeping panoramas of lush forests and wildlife-spotting opportunities in the mountains. Evenings on the trek are spent amongst the locals providing an opportunity to learn about traditional culture and a life style unchanged for generations.
Day 1 : Join Chiang Mai
Day 2 : Lod Cave then to Mae Hong Son
Day 3 : Hike to Huay Hee Village
Day 4 : Hike to the summit of Doi Pui
Day 5 : Hike to Ban Huai Tong Kaw
Day 6 : Hike to Huai Kung Vilage
Day 7 : Hike down to Pa-Bong Village
Day 8 : Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai, trip concludes
- 3 nights comfortable hotel on a twin share basis
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- Internal flight from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai valued at approx. US$90
- Airport transfers on first and final day
- Private vehicles
- English speaking guide and local community guide during hikes
- 4 nights basic hilltribe homestay on a multishare basis, bedding & mosquito net
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- international airfares and departure taxes
- visa costs
- travel Insurance (compulsory)
- food, beverages and other sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- expenditure of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry and souvenirs
- tips and gratuities
- local porters can be hired for an additional fee
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Thailand Hike & Homestays tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Thailand Hike & Homestays tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Thailand Hike & Homestays tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.