- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Our mountain bike journey takes us from the northern Thai city of Chiang Mai through the mountains to the Golden Triangle, where the Mekong River marks the borders of Thailand, Burma, and Laos.
Heading north, we ride through the spectacular limestone mountains of Chiang Dao and the scenic village of Mae Salak, straddling the Mae Kok River. We follow wonderful trails and backroads that have little traffic and fantastic scenery and each night stay in charming, Thai style lodges. On one day, we use a combination of bikes and boats to take us to Chiang Rai. At the Golden Triangle, we visit Doi Mae Salong, in a unique Chinese village, and ride up Doi Tung to visit one of the region's oldest temples and check out the Burmese markets in Mae Sai. After a day's ride along the Mekong River, we transfer back to Chiang Mai and hit the trails one more time as we ride down Doi Suthep.
In addition to riding outstanding mountain bike trails, we sample some of the world's best cuisine and stay in authentic and luxury accommodation.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike US$ 175
- Any international flights to/from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North Thailand by Bike tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 119 today.
- Save US$ 79+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Thailand by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 677 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 20 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
North Thailand by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Thailand by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2