- Bicycle tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Exploring remote areas of Laos rarely visited by tourists
- Spectacular mountain scenery, limestone cliffs, rice paddies and waterfalls
- Traditional hill tribe villages
- Slow cruise down the Mekong River
Laos, known as the land of a million smiles, boasts stunning mountainous landscape and a laid back atmosphere, the result of a long isolation from its neighbours. Our route takes us through some spectacular scenery, from narrow roads shaded by jungle vines to shimmering rice paddies and mountains which are home to a mix of ethnic groups. Out of the saddle, we walk through villages and bamboo forest and visit Luang Prabang with striking colonial buildings, tree-lined avenues and colourful temples. We finish our trip in bustling Bangkok. The cycling is demanding at times, but our reward is to have roads almost to ourselves in South East Asia's friendliest and least known country.
Day 1: Start Chiang Mai
Day 2: Warm-up ride around Chiang Mai old town and visit Doi Suthep hilltop temple
Day 3: Transfer to Chiang Rai; cycle along the Thai/Burma border into the heart of
the Golden Triangle
Day 4: Visit an Opium Museum; cycle towards border to Chiang Khong
Day 5: Transfer into Laos; cycle to Luang Nam Tha
Day 6: Rural cycle to the Udomxai province
Day 7: Continue through Udomxai province to Pak Beng
Day 8: Board slow boat on the Mekong to Luang Prabang visiting Buddha Caves en route
Day 9: Cycle to beautiful Kuang Si Waterfalls. Chance to see monks receiving alms at
Day 10: Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng
Day 11: Vang Vieng to Vientiane
Day 12: Free morning to explore then cross over the Friendship Bridge into Thailand;
board overnight train to Bangkok
Day 13: Bangkok city tour; free time
Day 14: End Bangkok
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Chiang Mai and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling in Laos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 154+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling in Laos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling in Laos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling in Laos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.