- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- age_requirement 5+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Meet elephants in a responsible environment by hanging out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill elephant experience.
- Take a songthaew to Kad Ton Payom flea market and purchase offerings to give to monks
- Discover local flavours with a traditional breakfast
- Talk with the abbot at the 600yearold Wat Umong Temple and learn about Buddhism and Dharma
See a different side of Chiang Mai by hanging out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill elephant experience. You'll learn how this organisation supports the protection, conservation and lifestyle of free-roaming elephants in the region. Observe the daily patterns of these jungle giants from a safe distance, seeing how they graze and socialise with each other. Wave goodbye to new friends and return to Chiang Mai to make offerings to monks, explore Kad Ton Payo flea market, enjoy a spot of meditation or taste regional specialties.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
ChangChill - Chiang Mai
- Hotel (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Mini bus , Songthaew
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant Sanctuary day trip
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant Sanctuary Lunch
- Chiang Mai - Kad Ton Payom Market visit
- Chiang Mai - Monk chat & meditation
- Chiang Mai - Wat U-mong & Wat Suan Dok
- Any international flights to/from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Chiang Mai & Elephant Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chiang Mai & Elephant Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chiang Mai & Elephant Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chiang Mai & Elephant Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip. You will have the evenings to yourself and your guide can help suggest places to eat and shop.
- This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal