Cherry Blossom Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Cherry Blossom Tour Highlights
- Take in the majestic views of an incredible natural phenomenon in Japan that has wowed locals for ages. The island of Honshu is teeming with radiant life to welcome the arrival of spring and the beautiful cherry blossoms are the main attraction.
- Visit several of Japan’s most fascinating and historical cities during your cherry blossom tour. Cities such as Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka are rich with cultural treasures and are all excellent locations to view one of the most illustrious symbols of Japan.
- Witness the celebration of the cherry blossom (known as sakura in Japanese) and how it transcends everyday life in Japan. When cherry blossom season arrives, search for the sakura in paintings, songs, food, and even a bullet train dedicated to the breathtaking flower.
- Join one of the numerous festivals throughout Japan during the cherry blossom season and familiarize yourself with local traditions. One of the most magical experiences is having a hanami (flower viewing) at night with lanterns glowing from the trees.
- Learn the vast types of cherry blossoms and find out which ones can be spotted at your location. There are roughly 20 subspecies of cherry blossoms and they all offer incredible images throughout the country.
- At nightfall, watch some of the majestic temples light up the sky to rejoice at spring’s return. Many of Japan’s historical temples offer special visits during this beautiful time of year and are a wonderful place to enjoy the cherry blossoms in bloom.
Cherry Blossom Travel Tips
- Plan your Japan trip towards the end of March and the first half of April to time it with cherry blossom season. For the most astonishing views on your cherry blossom trip, arrive at your destination when the flowers are in full bloom.
- Stay updated on the cherry blossom forecast to catch the most visual displays of the flowers in full bloom. Weather conditions can change the days where cherry blossoms hit their peak and you may have to adjust your itinerary based on weather patterns. Prepare for cold weather and dress appropriately to keep warm during your cherry blossom tour.
- Wake up at the crack of dawn or wait until the last remaining glimpses of daylight for the most spectacular pictures. Many cherry blossom viewing locations become brutally overcrowded during the day and arriving at the right moment can provide more stunning photo opportunities.
- Remain flexible with your accommodations since the most picturesque cherry blossom sites may change due to the weather. Japan has a top-notch transportation system and you can reach another destination in no time.