- Chennai: The capital of Tamil Nadu is considered the most important cultural and economic center of South India.
- Mahabalipuram: The sandcolored temples of this area are on the Unesco World Heritage list and represent a glorious past of the Pallava dynasty.
- Pondicherry: You get to feel the inner peace in this city with a French connection.
- Tanjore: Visit the best example of Chola architecture in Tamil Nadu.
- Madurai: It’s a huge templecity to impress you by the great Hindu temple of Meenakshi and its more than 30,000 figures.
- Periyar: spices, a boat ride on lake Periyar.
- Houseboat: Sailing through canals offers insight to the life of locals.
- Show more
During 10 unforgettable days discover Tamil Nadu and its magnificent temples, Kerala listed by the National Geographic Traveler as one of the ten paradises in the world, famous for its ecotourism and beautiful Backwaters. This blend of culture and tradition, combined with unique landscapes will take you to the heart of this Dravidian India, lush, multicolored.
Day 1: Arrival Chennai
Day 2: Chennai - Mahabalipuram (60 Km - 1 Hrs)
Day 3: Mahabalipuram - Pondichery (120 Km - 2.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Pondichery - Chidambram – Swamimalai (140 Km - 5 Hrs)
Day 5: Swamimalai - Trichy - Tanjore – Swamimalai (140 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 6: Swamimalai - Chettinadu - Madurai (160 Km – 4 Hrs)
Day 7: Madurai - Periyar (140 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Periyar - Nedumudy - Cruise On Backwaters (140 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 9: Backwater (allepey) - Cochin (60 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 10: Depart Cochin
- 9 nights' accommodation
- Standard Hotel Category = Benz Park or similar 3*
- Standard Hotel Category = Golden Sun or similar 3*
- Standard Hotel Category = Annanda Inn or similar 3*
- Standard Hotel Category = Indeco Swamimalai or similar 3*
- Standard Hotel Category = J C Residency Hotel or similar 3*
- Standard Hotel Category = Abad Green Forest or similar 3*
- Standard Hotel Category = Houseboat (AC)
- Standard Hotel Category = Abad Atrium or similar 3*
- (The guide will not accompany the clients on the backwaters houseboat trip on day 8)
- 9 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch (Day 8)
- 1 Dinner (Day 8)
- Cooking demonstration on the boat followed by dinner on the Houseboat (Day 8)
- Arrival transfer from Chennai International Airport to the hotel
- Departure transfer from the hotel to Cochin International Airport
- Air-conditioned transportation on a shared basis
- Operated with French guide throughout the program
- All entrance fees to monuments as indicated in itinerary: city tour of Chenna and Mahabalipuram Temple (Day 2); Chidambaran Temple (Day 4); excursion to Trichy and the temple Brihadishwara (Day 5); city tour of Chettinat, Meenakshi Temple (Day 6); the Kalaripayattu show (Day 7); sightseeing tour of Cochin and Kathakali Dance Show (Day 9)
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Rickshaw ride in Pondicherry (Day 3)
- Explore Swamimalai village in the evening on a local ox cart and by walk (Day 4)
- Bharatnatyam dance performance in Swamimalai (Day 5)
- TUK TUK ride in Madurai (Day 6)
- Walk in the spice plantations in Periyar.
- Kathakali dance performance in Cochin (Day 9)
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks, and meals if not stated explicitly in the program.
- Optional excursions suggested in the itinerary.
- Any airfare, airport taxes, a supplement for which are quoted separately if applicable.
- Tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff.
- Any service not listed above.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonders Of South India, French-speaking Guide tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 January 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 January 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonders Of South India, French-speaking Guide tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders Of South India, French-speaking Guide tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
- What are some of the most popular tourist destinations in India?
- How many days are sufficient for an India tour?
- What are some of the tourist scams that I need to know about before visiting India?
Is India a safe place for tourists?
India is generally safe for tourists. However, petty crimes, such as pickpocketing and purse snatching, are common. Tourists tend to be targeted in busy tourist areas, and petty crime frequently occurs on public transportation and overnight trains. Be aware of your surroundings and take care to avoid potentially risky situations.