- Walking tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Overland Journeys
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the many historic temples, mosques, and churches of Chennai
- Travel off the beaten track through rural Andhra Pradesh
- 6 day guided tour through the rarelyvisited Odisha Tribal Regions
- Visit the Monday market in the indigenous melting pot of Goudaguda
This trip if for travellers who are after a different India than that purely represented by the Taj. This is the India of rural Odissa and the indigenous aboriginal tribal peoples of the Eastern Ghats, of local markets and small tribal villages. This is the India of Kolkata, a wild and chaotic India with so much atmosphere and zest for life. This is the India of holy pilgrimages, temples and off the beaten track UNESCO heritage sites, such as the Konark Sun Temple in Puri.
This is the side of India that few western tourists bother with, but which has so much colour and culture, that we believe it is a really crucial part of India to see, to balance the stereotypes of the Taj and the Moghul splendours.
Day 1: Chennai
Day 2: Tirupati
Day 3: Vijayawada
Day 4: Visakhapatnam
Day 5: Odisha Tribal Area
Day 6: Odisha Tribal Area
Day 7: Odisha Tribal Area
Day 8: Odisha Tribal Area
Day 9: Odisha Tribal Area
Day 10: Puri
Day 11: Puri
Day 12: Puri
Day 13: Kolkata
Day 14: Kolkata
- Comfortable Hotel 2 nights
- Basic Hotel 5 nights
- Guesthouse 4 nights
- 11 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 4 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Train
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Any international flights to Chennai and from Kolkata are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wilds of Orissa & Kolkata tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 78+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wilds of Orissa & Kolkata tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wilds of Orissa & Kolkata tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wilds of Orissa & Kolkata tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.