- Sightseeing tour
- Spiritual or religious tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 20
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit multiple UNESCO World Heritage monuments in Mahabalipuram
- Visit Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, the largest temple compound in India
- Embark on a food tour in Madurai
- Explore Pondicherry and its French influence
These temples also showcase the opulent and lavish tastes of the erstwhile royal kings, be it Cholas, Pallavas or Nayakas. Standing tall as the backbone of the Tamil culture, these temples are today, India’s precious jewels adding to its rich history and heritage.
This short trip is a compact yet comprehensive experience of the magnificent temples of Tamil Nadu. With a mix of 4 and 5 star hotels, this seven-day tour is specially designed keeping in mind a comfortable and hassle-free stay. A spacious SUV (Toyota Innova) with chauffeur at your disposal will add to the comfort level. There will be private English-speaking guides to inform you of the the inside stories and history of the wonderful temples.
We booked a customised trip with Bout India after researching a number of tour companies based in India. This was one of the best decisions we ever made, as the tour organised by Himanshu and his team was truly amazing where we experienced different cities of India in a very short time we had there.
From the time we expressed our interest, Himanshu was in regular contact with us, providing great insights, advise and reassurances to ensure the very best for us. He also provided us with a local mobile phone, with free calls within India and tonnes of data to ensure we were able to capture and share our moments and keep regular contact with our families at all times while we were in India.
We had a grand welcome, and felt like kings and queens with the hospitality, love and care shown by Bout India, the drivers and guides throughout the tour.
The guides and the drivers at each of our locations were very knowledgeable and friendly, and it felt like we were travelling with families and friends. They showed us great insights into local cultures and traditions and were flexible enough to show us what we wanted to see. The hotels and the transport booked were all of excellent standard and had great variety of delicious food.
We had a truly amazing and memorable experience of India. If you want to have a hassle-free and relaxing holiday in India, I very strongly and genuinely recommend you to book with Bout India.”
Day 1: Chennai – Mahabalipuram
Day 2: Kanchipuram day trip
Day 3: Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry
Day 4: Pondicherry – Thanjavur
Day 5: Thanjavur – Madurai
Day 6: Explore Madurai
Day 7: Departure
- 06 nights’ accommodation on double sharing basis as per the itinerary
- 6 breakfasts & 3 dinners as per the itinerary
- Entry tickets for all monuments mentioned in the itinerary
- A professional English-speaking guides
- Transfers & sightseeing on a private AC SUV (Toyota Innova or similar) with driver (all tolls, fuel charges, parking charges & driver allowances included)
- 24x7 customer support throughout the trip
- Meals (unless specified)
- Tips & gratuities
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease dress conservatively while visiting temples or religious places. A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.